Which wingman of all time would you take to Kilrah?

-danr-

Vice Admiral
We all have our favourite wingmen, but who's the best of the best for you? The one that you'd want on your wing for the most intense fight of your life?

(Although WC3 Kilrah wasn't as tough as I'd hoped)

For me it's either Bossman, or Cobra (both KIA by the time the T-bomb op came around). I generally found WC1 pilots to either be absolutely terrible or (on the right day) outstanding.

It's strange looking back, some missions I'd have to take down 12 enemy fighters before Bossman would even get a kill - but other days he'd seem much more up for it and take down 5 or 6.

Hunter. None of my wingmen really did much for me in space, at least in WC1, which was my favorite. Hunter had personality, though.

If I had the choice of 3, like you do in the game it would be:
Spirit
Angel
Flint

Three of the most dependable wingmen I ever flew with. They all pulled my ass out of the fire at one point. Back-up would have to be Hunter.

A curious choice...is it because of Bondarevsky's portrayal in the novels or his flying performance in WC2?

His performance in ER and a bit of his SO1 performance as well. He's also my favorite WC character.

Jazz Hobbes and Sansky I want all those jerks on my wing because everyone else ejects(dies) in that mission :p

We all have our favourite wingmen, but who's the best of the best for you? The one that you'd want on your wing for the most intense fight of your life?

(Although WC3 Kilrah wasn't as tough as I'd hoped)

For me it's either Bossman, or Cobra (both KIA by the time the T-bomb op came around). I generally found WC1 pilots to either be absolutely terrible or (on the right day) outstanding.

It's strange looking back, some missions I'd have to take down 12 enemy fighters before Bossman would even get a kill - but other days he'd seem much more up for it and take down 5 or 6.

I'm going to go forward in time and then go backward in time with my wingman...that one being Maestro.

Why? He makes me laugh during the fight. And that gets me in a better groove. He's kind of an average pilot, but he usually survives pretty well and always seems completely reliable to get me out of a tough scrape.

No, that was Weasel. Bacon Boy will (I think) always show up during the Behemoth defense/patrol mission.

There's also a weird trick for meeting all the WCIII generic wingmen. In the scramble mission you're thinking of, keep blowing up (alt-deleting) the Arrows defending the Victory. It will keep launching replacements, going through the entire roster... and eventually you get to Primate, Bacon Boy, Styg, etc.

Well since everyone else has listed 3 by now (I only thought to bring one)...

Hunter - As listed above.
Primate- Yeah, I'm REAL original. I also like living.
Maniac- The guy's as invincible as he claims. Disable his ejection seat first and he's guaranteed to make it the whole way through just because the writers will want him back... :p

Back