• Privateer

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Privateer 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by WildWeasel
I'm not surprised that you didn't understand my arguments.

I´m not surprised that you doesn´t know how to explain your arguments besides writing sarcasm remarks.

That second paragraph wasn't addressed to you. There are other people participating in this thread, after all.
[/B]

You answered that in a post that you started quotating one of mine, answering with *YOU*

Originally posted by Ghost
I´m not surprised that you doesn´t know how to explain your arguments besides writing sarcasm remarks.

That's nice.

You answered that in a post that you started quotating one of mine, answering with *YOU*

I've already clarified that the second paragraph wasn't addressed to you. Need I do so again?

No, once you know that he answers like that, you know that is his problem not the others

You assume that I was being hostile.

I've already clarified that the second paragraph wasn't addressed to you. Need I do so again?

And i wrote just what i read, do you want to continue about this point, or we can move to the next point in our bussy agenda?

You assume that I was being hostile.

No, after 2 years i know that you aren´t hostile, you have *problems* when you communicate with some people here

OS's:
=====
Windows 3.x = Windows 3
Windows 95a = Windows 95
Windows 95 OSR2 = Windows 95b
Windows 95c = Windows 95c
Windows 98 = Windows 95d
Windows 98 SE = Windows 95e
Windows ME = Windows 95f

Movies (screw the Roman numerals):
===========================
First Blood = Rambo
Rambo: First Blood 2 = Rambo 2
Rambo 2 = Rambo 3
Rambo 3 = Rambo 4

or, a little bit closer to the gaming arena:
==============================
Dark Forces = Dark Forces
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight = Dark Forces 2
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast = Dark Forces 3/Jedi Knight 2

Hope that gives a little perspective to clarify things :D

You keep telling us what Secret Ops was meant to be. How can you say that? Who are you to say what it was meant to be?

Becasue I was around by the time of its release, and I remember what they were trying to do. It's not a secret. WCSO was not mean to be the next full blown sequel. It's not "WCVI". Go read old newsgroup posts.

You cannot, however, claim that Secret Ops is in any way a part of Prophecy or that it's Prophecy II.

WCSO is part of Prophecy Gold. Prohpecy Gold consists of WCP+WCSO. The only possilble way to buy a copy of WCSO is buying WCP Gold. It's amazing how you choose to ignore this fact just to keep arguing.

Isn´t an add-on, it´s a Stand alone game, but if someone don´t like to call it *stand alone game* it can br called an *expansion to WCP*

Isn´t an add-on, it´s a Stand alone game, but if someone don´t like to call it *stand alone game* it can br called an *expansion to WCP*
...or, "The sequel that don't need a prequel" ;)

Yes, most correct. It is indeed a stand alone expansion to WCP. You're a freaking genius.

No, after 2 years i know that you aren´t hostile, you have *problems* when you communicate with some people here

Thanks for the rather ironic diagnosis.

Originally posted by Delance
WCSO is part of Prophecy Gold. Prohpecy Gold consists of WCP+WCSO. The only possilble way to buy a copy of WCSO is buying WCP Gold. It's amazing how you choose to ignore this fact just to keep arguing.

Yes, Secret Ops is available with Prophecy Gold. So what? Software gets bundled all the time. We still never see the game referred to as an expansion for Prophecy. It's not unlike The Kilrathi Saga.

Becasue I was around by the time of its release, and I remember what they were trying to do. It's not a secret. WCSO was not mean to be the next full blown sequel. It's not "WCVI". Go read old newsgroup posts.

Oh, good, the CZ didn't become any less stupid while I was away.

You're absolutely right, Secret Ops is not Wing Commander 6. Nor, however, is Prophecy "Wing Commander 5". For better or for worse, they made a conscious decision to drop the numbering. Wing Commander Prophecy is the sequel to Wing Commander IV, and Wing Commander Secret Ops is the sequel to Wing Commander Prophecy. That's *all* that can be said -- they're not expansions of eachother, or addons to eachother or whatever the hell stupid thing you've decided.

The Secret Missions and Special Ops games were addons because they physically required the original game. Secret Missions 2 bears more in common art-wise, story-wise and developer-wise (and heck, they share the same engine) with Wing Commander 2. Is Wing Commander 2 an 'expansion' of Secret Missions 2? Only if you're really, really stupid. Secret Ops does *not* require Wing Commander Prophecy. It uses the same engine... just like WC2 used the same engine as WC1 and WC4 used the same engine as WC3. That's *all*.

Oh, it's because there's a product where they're packaged together for one of multiple releases? Oh, well, my apologies, I hadn't realized *that* brilliant bit of "logic". Other exciting facts: by virtue of Privateer 2: Deluxe, Privateer and Privateer 2 are the same game! By virtue of Privateer/Strike Commander CD, Privateer and Strike Commander (and therefore also Privateer 2!) are the same game! Wing Commander 1 and 2, by virtue of Wing Commander 1/2 CD, are the same game! Wing Commander 1/Ultima VI CD means that Wing Commander and Ultima VI are the same game! And the Ultime Collection means that all Ultima games are the same, single game! That's right, conspiracy theorists, when you work it all out, Origin never produced more than one game... just dozens and dozens of addons to Akalabeth.

LOAF's back, you freaking pufferfishes.

Originally posted by Starkey
They gave you a beta copy of Freelancer?

Yeah, they sent out press betas a week or two ago. It's really a great game -- I'm going to do a more indepth preview dealy for the CIC in the near future...

Back