Which is your...?

TheFraix

Vice Admiral
Here's an interesting topic... probably have been asked before.

Which Tiger's Claw is your favorite (or best looking for you)?

- WC1 Tiger's Claw
- WC Academy Tigew's Claw (with Tolwyn in command)
- Super WC Tiger's Claw
- CS Tiger Claw (Movie)

\*/
/*\

A bit melodramatic

I would prefer the WC1 one. She looks so smooth and and it is surely some kind of nostalgic addiction (curse the stealth bombers!). I also liked the movie one, but she is not really wing commander like. Looks more like a sub.

Hey, what do you know, there's TheFraix.

Since I'm only familiar with the Claw from WC1 and the movie, I'd have to say the WC1 Claw.

[Edited by Dralthi5 on 05-13-2001 at 13:43]

Well the movie depicts a space Naval Force, so it would be understandable the carriers and cap ships to be *sub* shaped, but that gave them a distinctive look. The inside scenes clearly show how Navy ship construction today would pass well on into the future. I have to admit tho, when I first saw this movie, the internal scenes of the Claw reminded me of my visit on the USS Dallas. My favorite Claw would be the WCI Tiger Claw. Second would be the movie Claw, I liked the landing deck and the huge doors that enclosed the whole landing bay.

RFB

WC1 Claw, definitely... even if Academy's one is not really different (I saw it the first time on a pole TV and I understand it had a link with WC Universe when I see the Claw, the Scimitar and the Rapier... in France, Academy hasn't been broadcast... )

The WC1 Claw looks the best, for affective reasons...
Hey, the one we see in the WC2 intro doesn't look bad itself... :)

As for the movie Claw, well it looks very stylish, but we know it's not the original one... :p

I like the WC I Claw the best. The Academy one looked like a cross between the WC I Claw and present day Naval Surface ship. And I thought that the WCM one just looked stupid.

I'm going to go against the flow here and say the WC Acedemy Claw. Maybe it was just the fact that it was rendered in much better detail on TV than on my old 286, but it looked much more formidable than the WC1 Claw.

Best, Raptor

Actually, I'd go with the WCATV Tiger's Claw too, if just looks nicer on than the blocky pixellated original. :)

academy4.jpg

[Edited by Wedge009 on 05-13-2001 at 23:43]

Last edited by a moderator:
definetly WCI 'Claw. I like the actual look of the SWC 'Claw more, but for some reason, I just can't tear my self away from the old WCI nostalgia...

For the actual design, I'd go with the WC1 version, especially if it's in something like XWA, but the WCATV is a good non-game interpretation.

yeah, it would be nice if I actually new what the Tiger's Claw ACTUALLY looked like under all of those pixely boxes :)

This isn't the sort of answer you're looking for, but I liked them all. The original was a great looking capship, the WCA version was similar, but more detailed, the SWC version... well, that's another great looking capship, and the WCM version is a rather nice sub, don't you think? :)

Man... look at the number of guys who love the WC1 Claw...

Okay.

I say... I really like the WC1 Claw, but the WCA is far better looking. Really... look at its rendering, weaponry and shields... and neglect the crew (!)

For SWC... I never played it, and it looked too sci-fi for a usual WC.
WCM's looks too... too.. RETRO. And boy, it sure worked well for the movie, but I don't think I want to live in such a carrier/battleship.

BTW, the Claw in WC2 intro is the same with the WC1, quiaff?

:cool:

Back