Where to get old games offline?

Ironduke

Spaceman
I'll be spending three weeks in the St. Louis area, MO, and am looking to complement my WC collection while I'm there. Didn't have much luck with GameStop shops in Florida, so I thought I'd ask if you know about any shops with higher chances to get old games.

I'm specifically looking for Starlancer and Prophecy Gold (the latter is gonna be difficult, I guess). And just to make it more interesting: If possible, I'd prefer "new," i.e. sealed boxes. Any hints?

One hell of a prayer?

Offline it would be insanely difficult to actually find sealed boxes. Hell, it's damn nigh impossible to find them online!

I don't have any suggestions, but I wish you the best of luck in your search and hope you come up with what you are looking for.

If you're happy with the EA Classics version, prophecy gold shouldn't be too hard to get, but really, offline is not the best way (although a charity shop down the road does have a copy of prophecy in it...)

There's no real reason to get WCP Gold anymore unless you want the larger manual. You can get regular WCP easier and SO has been free for several years now from the CIC.

If you're happy with the EA Classics version, prophecy gold shouldn't be too hard to get, but really, offline is not the best way (although a charity shop down the road does have a copy of prophecy in it...)

Unfortunately, Prophecy/Prophecy Gold never made it to the EA Classics line in the US.

Those are about the answers I expected/was afraid of. ;)
I've actually seen Starlancer on sale over at Amazon, but I'm not sure if they'd really ship to a US address when my customer account is German. :p

As for Prophecy Gold: Yes, I'd like to have the larger manual. :) I'd settle with the regular Prophecy as well, but whenever there are Gold/Deluxe/Collector's Editions around, I prefer to buy these.

Of course, I already "own" Secret Ops - and thanks for the offer, FekLeyrTarg, but I prefer my Wing Commander games in US versions. :) (The only game I own in German is Privateer 2, and that's only because I got it for free.)

Well, wish me luck then... There's always hope for that garage sale selling sweet WC games in mint condition, right? :rolleyes:

Your only solid bet is to look for old old junk computer stores selling old software. Most regular retail stores haven't really had '90s PC games in stock in half a dozen years.

I've actually seen Starlancer on sale over at Amazon, but I'm not sure if they'd really ship to a US address when my customer account is German.

If you send me an address I would be happy to order a StarLancer for you.

Hehe, I like how when you download the Secret Ops guide and unzip it, the filename is "The Official CIC Secret Ops Guide.pdf".

Back