Where should we discuss the WCPedia?

We'll post a log for anyone who can't come--and let me know if you want to be included in the drawing for the copy of Privateer.

I can't promise that I'll come because 7 PM EST is around midnight here in Central Europe but thanks for the invitation. :)

Well then come by earlier! You can at least get a rundown on what we have planned. Just in case though here's a real quick breakdown of new developments.

We've got some new layouts and formatting for pages. You can start to see it on pages related to Armada landing page we've created as a prototype for product pages.

The biggest thing that's happened is that we've decided to split WCPedia into two different sections. For "real world" information the main category page is the Wing Commander Encyclopedia. This category will contain all product landing pages, press related to the products, behind-the-scenes information, development information, WCPedia administration, images, and so on.

What has been WCPedia for the last 4 years (wow! We're four this August!) is now called the Terran Knowledge Bank after a line in Super Wing Commander version of Claw Marks. Here pages will continue to be written inuniverse, but pages will get new layouts that better organizes information based on source.

Here's the new layout concept applied (still very roughly) to the Mass Driver. The initial blurb still has to be rewritten but will remain in the inuniverse style while the sections below will contain manual and game text, where applicable, as well as stat tables. Other articles will undergo similar treatments. Ships, Weapons, characters, etc, will all have similar subsections added to them as part of the layout changes.

The sidebar has also been updated to reflect the new organization of WCPedia as well. In the near future the main page will get a much needed upgrade to something better suited to helping wingnuts find information quickly.

So there's a quick rundown :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back