Where should we discuss the WCPedia?

Are you running it in real DOS or DOSBox?

If you have it in fullscreen in DOSBox Print screen will take a screenshot just like it does normally.

Also, what is the format that WCPedia likes? I'm trying to fix the broken Bondarevsky headshot and I don't know what format it wants.

Also, great work! Hopefully with a bunch of us replaying SM1 next week we can start to put some dents into it.

Are you running it in real DOS or DOSBox?

If you have it in fullscreen in DOSBox Print screen will take a screenshot just like it does normally.

Also, what is the format that WCPedia likes? I'm trying to fix the broken Bondarevsky headshot and I don't know what format it wants.

Also, great work! Hopefully with a bunch of us replaying SM1 next week we can start to put some dents into it.

Neither. I'm running the Kilrathi Saga version.

As for pictures I'm not sure. I think I've uploaded both GIF and JPEG pictures to it before.

Print screen will still work in KS then.

About the images...odd it was bitching at me yesterday when I was trying to upload a gif version of Bear. Apparently I still need some lessons on Wiki stuff.

Print screen will still work in KS then.

I don't know if a plain printscreen will do it. In the past people had to use things that got past the directx like Hypersnap.

About the images...odd it was bitching at me yesterday when I was trying to upload a gif version of Bear. Apparently I still need some lessons on Wiki stuff.

That's a good reminder for anyone taking screenshots of earlier WC games. Save your WC1 images as gifs or pngs. Jpegs will make them blurry and you'll lose quality at a larger file size. From about WC4 with 16 bit color and on, you can use low compression jpegs or pngs.

Okay cool. I figured it out now. Thanks.
That's a good reminder for anyone taking screenshots of earlier WC games. Save your WC1 images as gifs or pngs. Jpegs will make them blurry and you'll lose quality at a larger file size. From about WC4 with 16 bit color and on, you can use low compression jpegs or pngs.
I've noticed that gifs work better than pngs. Pngs won't let you display the picture on the pedia page. It will only display a link to the picture.

Just wanted to bring this back to the forefront. We still have a lot of work to do on this project.

Yeah, we're going to relaunch this effort this year. Other things got in the way last time around -- but I don't think we'll have a project as big as Mythic competing again.

Yeah, it's a shame that work sort of dropped off. I probably aught to fix up some more information in the stellar cartography section.

Yeah the last year has been very busy for most of us. Luckily, Red and Sabre did a lot of work in the mean time. After the Bday (and my own the following week) I'll devote a good chunk of time to this project.

Well, it's just after 9.

Here's an idea: every {some day - probably Sunday} we'll slot one of the CIC updates as 'This week in the Wingkipedia' and feature all the work we've done the previous week. That should help us keep up with the project... and fill in those empty news slots :)

That sounds like a great idea! I'm awful with Wiki editing and setup, but I've started to edit the few entires I've worked on. I'll try to keep pace in the coming weeks LOAF. I've got a lot of WC-related projects to catch up on in the coming weeks...

I'm going to start trying to refigure out wiki so I can start to work on this again. We shouldn't let this fall by the wayside for another year...

Yeaaah... what happened to those news updates?

It's been a tough summer (wow, fall already?) that's really kicked us around. LOAF's out quite sick right now, and I've been stuck in the drudges of trying to move into (and remodel) a new house for weeks. Despite this, we are still keeping busy with Wing Commander stuff, but what is available to see right now are just things like front page updates. Hoping here that October is better for us timewise.

I'm going to start trying to refigure out wiki so I can start to work on this again. We shouldn't let this fall by the wayside for another year...

Yeah, as always, this is where the most work can get done. The CIC staff are a few people that are supported by thousands of you guys.

Hey guys...let's quite playing with our dinghies and get this project rolling.

I've started finishing and editing my first article. This is a project we need to finish. Even if you only own one game, fill out articles for it! Please!

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I'm creating a nightmare or editing correctly. Can one of our local wiki people take a look at what I've been doing lately and tell me if it's up to our expectations.

I can't seem to find an answer for this (at 1:30am so forgive me if I've missed it) but what's the story as far as images for articles? Are you sticking strictly to in-game and FMV or would you accept accurate fan-made images? I have a decent collection of good quality models from the various games that I could create some decent "hero images" from for use with the articles if that is to be accepted?

Back