Where do I "Quit" from??

Privateer13

Spaceman
Good Morning Troops,
I played "Privateer" for many years and always enjoyed myself, I was most
surprised and overjoyed to trip over this remake of a great Game!. ThankYou!

Now, my only problem for the moment is how do I quit the Game to go to bed??.
I`ve tried "Alt X", no go, I tried "Q", no go, I`ve looked everywhere I can think
of? to no avail, Could one of you chaps tell me where to find the "Quit Button"
please!.
Thanks again for a great Game return!

Privateer13.

criticalmass

Vice Admiral
Welcome to the zone, Privateer13! Enjoy your stay, there's much to be discovered :)

As for your question:
For me (currently on Ubuntu 10.10), "ALT X" works when you are in space, and should bring up the "Press Q to quit" screen.

Privateer13

Spaceman
Quit

Hello again,
That I understand, but I cannot seem to be able to quit when on a Base or Mine,
I have to turn the computor off then back on to succeed!.
This should not be, If I could get to the Front Page I would have the chose of
"New, Load, Credits, "Quit". but I cannot even get there, I`m confused!

Regards,
Privateer.

Wedge009

Rogue Leader
PAD was from Privateer 2, Privateer has the Quine 4000. The original Privateer uses 'C' to bring up the Quine... can't recall how it works in Gemini Gold.

I thought Alt-X also works for exiting while on a base... maybe things are slightly different in Gemini Gold? You shouldn't have to restart your PC just to quit the game, though.

Attachments

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
PAD was from Privateer 2, Privateer has the Quine 4000. The original Privateer uses 'C' to bring up the Quine... can't recall how it works in Gemini Gold.

I thought Alt-X also works for exiting while on a base... maybe things are slightly different in Gemini Gold? You shouldn't have to restart your PC just to quit the game, though.
yeah I was thinking after I wrote that that it was C

criticalmass

Vice Admiral
I haven't found a way to quit while docked, but haven't been looking too hard either. I usually dock, save via the Quine, launch & quit.