Where do I "Quit" from??

Privateer13

Spaceman
Good Morning Troops,
I played "Privateer" for many years and always enjoyed myself, I was most
surprised and overjoyed to trip over this remake of a great Game!. ThankYou!

Now, my only problem for the moment is how do I quit the Game to go to bed??.
I`ve tried "Alt X", no go, I tried "Q", no go, I`ve looked everywhere I can think
of? to no avail, Could one of you chaps tell me where to find the "Quit Button"
please!.
Thanks again for a great Game return!

Privateer13.

Welcome to the zone, Privateer13! Enjoy your stay, there's much to be discovered :)

As for your question:
For me (currently on Ubuntu 10.10), "ALT X" works when you are in space, and should bring up the "Press Q to quit" screen.

Quit

Hello again,
That I understand, but I cannot seem to be able to quit when on a Base or Mine,
I have to turn the computor off then back on to succeed!.
This should not be, If I could get to the Front Page I would have the chose of
"New, Load, Credits, "Quit". but I cannot even get there, I`m confused!

Regards,
Privateer.

PAD was from Privateer 2, Privateer has the Quine 4000. The original Privateer uses 'C' to bring up the Quine... can't recall how it works in Gemini Gold.

I thought Alt-X also works for exiting while on a base... maybe things are slightly different in Gemini Gold? You shouldn't have to restart your PC just to quit the game, though.

Attachments

• 04 Quine 4000.png
    04 Quine 4000.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 210
PAD was from Privateer 2, Privateer has the Quine 4000. The original Privateer uses 'C' to bring up the Quine... can't recall how it works in Gemini Gold.

I thought Alt-X also works for exiting while on a base... maybe things are slightly different in Gemini Gold? You shouldn't have to restart your PC just to quit the game, though.

yeah I was thinking after I wrote that that it was C

I haven't found a way to quit while docked, but haven't been looking too hard either. I usually dock, save via the Quine, launch & quit.

Back