Where can I get a few ships from Standoff?

Winnyfred

Rear Admiral
I was playing standoff and I realized, I would love to have a Stilleto, Arrow, Talon, and all those ships where can I get them?

I was playing standoff and I realized, I would love to have a Stilleto, Arrow, Talon, and all those ships where can I get them?

Standoff has asked that it's ships not be used in other projects for the time being. This may change after Standoff has made it's complete release, you should check with them.

Correction - Standoff has asked that people only use the meshes, while making their own textures. You are entirely welcome to borrow the meshes - you can even use our textures as a mapping template for your own textures (just as long as you actually change every single pixel on the texture).

However, we don't provide any kind of support when it comes to extracting the models - you have to get the model out of the game yourself if you want to use it :p.

And I've always wondered how I can make my own good-looking textures for my own ships...

If there's a texture making tutorial somewhere, can you please point it out to me?

every texture I've made for my wc2 starbase model I made in MS Paint, but I wouldnt recommend it, it is extremely frustrating to do it that way. Photoshop would be a good program to use, I havent used it yet but am planing on getting a copy ASAP.

yup, the texture is the paint for the ship, without a texture the model is grey, like you see in some WIP pictures around here.

EDIT: heres a pic of my station I made without texture. textures really improve the model, they can add a whole lotta detail with little effort

caernarvonwotexture.jpg

I reuse textures from WC games that I get from taking screenshots of the game, then I change them to suit my needs with MS Paint. I'm gonna look into getting Photoshop though, I hear its much better.

So there are two steps to textures:

Basically mapping the 3d model to something 2d. That gives you a bunch of triangles that you can paint over with any paint program.

So if you want to modify an existing texture, all you need is mspaint or Gimp.

The mapping from 3d to 2d, someone else will need to advise you on, and is the hard part.

Ok, someone give me an example of a modeling program? (Sorry never done this before, and this will be a first for me :()

I use AC3D to make the models then I import the models to Rhino to do the textures, it works rather well. AC3D was the first modelling program I used and its very easy to get started, now Im gonna be trying to model in Rhino which is a bit tougher to learn haha. also, AC3D is about 5 megs to download so its great for people with dial up (like me:mad:).

Thanks, is AC3D good for texturing too? It seems Rhino costs money... and so does AC3D. Know of anything that is a free moduling program and runs decently? eddieb, I'm starting small and well were are your models of the ships you use? Or are they even included in FC?

I've got a set of wc3, armada, wc4 ships, and wc1 ships from the wc1 remake project. There are plenty of existing ships to use. What are you looking for?

Well if you want the standoff ships, they said you can retexture them, which only requires mspaint, or wait until they're made their final release.

Back