Where are You?

*g* Okay. More I didn't want to know...and I really didn't want to use stereotypes. I like the truth better. Normally.:)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
(...) when I lived in France, everybody thought "California" was the capital of the US.
Oh COME ON!! They can't be that ignorant in Aix-en-Provence...
Most people in France think it's New York actually... :D
Just kidding!
Originally posted by Lunatic
Reading all these posts in the Chat Zone makes me wonder, where is everybody from? I'm from New York. Where are you?
Well, right now I'm in Montreal, Canada... :)

Oh, you'd like to know where I am from? <G>

I'm... from ITALY... Salerno if you want...

Though I'm more of a "citizen of the world": I was born in Germany (Offembach am Main), lived there for 8 years, then moved to Paris, where I still officially "reside".
Though, after 10 years of stay in Paris, I moved to Montreal for my uni studies...

You forgot France...in your life-time biography. Or what was it? Oh...*snip with finger* Germany.
Right? Maybe ask in another way if you ask mpanty: Ask where he hasn't been. It's a shorter list then the counties where he has been. ;)

Why Fishbone... isn't Paris enough part of France for you? :)
Originally posted by mpanty
(...) then moved to Paris, where I still officially "reside".
Though, after 10 years of stay in Paris, I moved to Montreal for my uni studies...
It is true that the mpanty has moved a lot though... but I'm sure someone will come up and break the record just to spite me... :D

[Edited by mpanty on 06-06-2001 at 18:05]

Originally posted by Penguin
Last point. We *don't know* how the Kursk sank. The theories range from collision with a NATO sub to friendly fire. As for the experimental torpedo, that coincided with the Russian incarceration of a US scientist on grounds of stealing info regarding it. He was later released, but the torpedo itself is supposed to be able to achieve extraordinarily high underwater speeds. I remember the article said the torpedo creates a bubble of gas around it which makes passage through water far easier. Of course I'm not a physicist so I don't know if that's even theoretically possible.

Here in Finland our geological stations picked up
signals when Kursk went down. There were exposion and
after that 2 minutes delay before bigger explosion.
The question is why subs capitan didn´t launch
emergency buoy or send signal in two minutes??
He should have enough time.
Unfortinately the only documet from disaster:
capitans letter to his wife don´t tell the reason
Kursk went down, but there were number of mens
who survived several hours in the aft section.

Several hours? Yeah, there were definitely people who survived that long - they were knocking SOS, so I would assume they were alive :).

Suffucation on a sunk sub...theres nothing worse to me... ::shudder::

No. Really not. But they knew it could happen. It's the risk they went in. And they got more money for their job, because there was more risk.
I still just don't understand, why Putin didn't want foreigners to help them first....as he wanted after too long time the only thing they could do was help to bring up the dead.

With a name like Putin, wouldn't you be mad and stupid all the time too? :)

Don't wonder. It sounds more interesting than my second name. It's a neme you'll find in Ge. tel. books filling 3 sides: Dittrich. So how do you freeze with that?:)

Oh, they didn't suffocate, apparently - they drowned.

Any president would have acted exactly the same way, though.

[Edited by Quarto on 06-07-2001 at 11:38]

Originally posted by LeHah
With a name like Putin, wouldn't you be mad and stupid all the time too? :)

I like poutine, mix of fries gravy and cheeze, very popular in quebec, very popular for me :D

Originally posted by RATM

I like poutine, mix of fries, gravy and cheese, very popular in Quebec, very popular for me
You bet!!! That's what I like the most about Quebec! :D
Yummi! Hot Dog poutine!! :)

Back