Where and what is IRC?????

A

AzrialX

I recived a responce to go to Wing Commander IRC what is it and where could I find it????

------------------
Call me a Pleb, you die!!! Got it fly boy?!?

Oh boy!!!
IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is a mass network of chat rooms, etc...
Look around the site to find out its address... or manually check in IRC (by using a program to go in IRC, preferrably mIRC [www.mirc.com]) by using its gigantic search 'engine'.

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

IRC is Internet Relay Chat. It was around before the web... To get on you need a IRC client. A popular client is mIRC (I think it is available at www.mirc.com )

Once that is installed, run it and a little screen will pop up with a place for a username, an e-mail address and a server. From the list of servers choose one that is on Dalnet (or you can add one like Viper.Dal.net). Hit connect. Wait a minute and a little screen that asks for the channel you want to join type either #wing-commander or #wingnut. Once you're in there, if you need help the people on the channel will help you.

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

http://www.mirc.com

^
|
|

Download mIRC to enter the IRC network.
I am not sure if WC has its own independant server in IRC, so you'll need to check.
But download mIRC!

------------------
"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

Oh... Important note AzrialX.
Make sure to read the Online Manual of mIRC for just a bit so you know the switches probably.

------------------

You don't really need to read the manual, it's fairly straightforward and if you don't understand something then you can just ask the people on IRC

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Don't worry about it Cadet!
We'll make a 2nd Lieutenant outta you yet!
wink.gif

------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Back