Votes: 7 30.4%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Don't have one

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don't play StarCraft

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
I like terran and protoss. and in Starcraft 2 ( yes such a thing will exist, just beat Warcraft III on hard and watch the cinimatic trailer) i hope that the will join forces...Oh and Rainor better be alive, or they will have one less, much needed, fan! But since i could only vote for one i said terran :D

I haven't played SC in a long, long while. I perfered Homeworld though.

Post-addon or pre-addon? I found the Protoss much better balanced in the addon.

Haven't had time to play WC on hard yet, just blitzed it on normal. But the normal ciinematic is pretty funny.

Originally posted by Happy
terrain were the coolest, but the protoss were bad ass in multiplayer. and the zerg were bad
You probably aren't playing the Zerg properly. And idea what 120 zerglings can do when you rush them all at once?

I voted Don't Have One, since I've only played the StarCraft Demo, even so, the cheats work on it

Originally posted by steampunk
You probably aren't playing the Zerg properly. And idea what 120 zerglings can do when you rush them all at once?
Ever thought what a line of cannons and/or dragoons would do to them. Or a bunker line of marines. The zerglings would get mowed down. It differs what kind of terrain you play.

*ponders*

I never had much use for Zerglings... get a couple of the Guardian Aspects in the air to whack any ground troops and back those up with the Zerg antiair units (especially the pumped suiciders) and you had a beauty of a swarm.

The protoss on the other hand... one word. Zeratul.

I think ive beaten at lest 3 or 4 missions with him and his dark templars as a deep-strike unit. :)

Originally posted by steampunk

Nothing at all when thrown against alot of firebats!!!:D

My favorite unit... the carrier baby!!!

Oh and who mentioned Gaurdians with devours...well let me tell you somethin. My friend is one of the best with Zerg.... his ultimate tactic...even though it is costly as hell, and very hard to do with that blasted 200 unit limit... is 48/48, thats 48 gaurdian, and 48 devours... my friend says to this day...no one has stopped his :D

On the contrary, zerglings are cheap as heck and build really quickly and you only need the first few buildings to produce and upgrade them. Done properly you can max out the unit limit pretty fast and then you just rush em. Firebats and dragoons will work but only if you can actaully build enough of them in time. Else each of your firebats will have 8 zerglings around him, a dragoon will have more and who can do more damage to whom fastest? The zerglings. Your firebat ain't taking out all 8 at once. And you'll still have shit loads more to take care of buildings at the same time. Will you loose a shit load of zerglings? You bet. Does it matter? Hell no, while all your zerglings are doing their thing you simply start building more. When the first swarm is all dead rush the next 120. Of course useless against air units but that's why you don't max out on zerglings, you need zerg air units!

But what I meant with my statement wasn't that this is the best strategy, but that you should make use of what Zerg are good at: build fast, cheap as heck, disposable. Because this is far from the best strategy, but it does work.

Now if those zerglings are in a forest or canyon not plain fields and the toss have a couple of cannons and dragoons or Terrans have a row of bunkers those zerglings will get mowed down before they can do even 1 point of damage.

I have used the tactic in fairly crampped places against protoss who have templars, dragoons, cannons, those mechanical grubs basically a whole base ... all it took was a single wave. No fuss. Unless we're talking a single point of entry thats like 1 zergling wide. 2 cannons and 2 dragoon are not going to cut it.

But like I said. this is not a perfect strategy nor is it meant to be. In some situations it is however incredibly effective and very easy to implement and will take more than a few long range unit/structures to defeat.

Oh and who mentioned Gaurdians with devours...well let me tell you somethin. My friend is one of the best with Zerg.... his ultimate tactic...even though it is costly as hell, and very hard to do with that blasted 200 unit limit... is 48/48, thats 48 gaurdian, and 48 devours... my friend says to this day...no one has stopped his

My friend's tactic... i cant play starcraft right now.... but one of you Zerg lover 'aught to try this.... Hell ya its hard to get and its costly as a B****, but my friend says almost nothing can stop it :D :D

Back