Whats your favorite fighter and capship

Lt.Death100 said:
Strange, people always say that the vaktoth was tough to kill when for me it was the easiest fighter to kill.

I think these are mainly pilots who like to get on an enemy's tail, and the Vaktoth's dual Meson turret gets in their faces more than the Pakhtan's shorter-range Mass Driver turret does.

Personally, I would have liked the chance to fly a Vaktoth. It has a smidgen more speed, a smidgen less protection, an extra pair of missiles, and slightly better guns and turret.

Isn't it funny how most people like the wartime birds (ie. WC III and earlier ships)
Personally...
Excalibur and TCS Victory

Fav. Fighter: Bloodfang- I'd like to fly that ship, the stats look awesome and I like the look.

Fav. Capship: The Kilrathi Heavy Cruiser from WC3 is very effective. One hit from it's heavy turret could take you out. I once made the mistake of autosliding past it at full afterburner speed while firing. I barely knew the main turret gun hit me when my fighter exploded. The TCS Victory will always be special to me since it was my first tour of duty, though it's not a particularly menacing cap. ship. However, the Kilrathi Dreadnought rules space- sailing one into a system is like saying "I own this".

Lt.Death100 said:
Strange, people always say that the vaktoth was tough to kill when for me it was the easiest fighter to kill.
I thought the Dralthi's were the toughest by far on the nightmare levels of WC3. They'd fire missiles backwards at you while you were on their tail- you'd have to break off, use afterburners, and even when you lost the missile, it would sometimes retrack you. They'd run you out of afterburners and decoys. If you were swarmed by four while you were out of afterburners and low on decoys, you might as well eject.

Those rock ships could be deadly too. If you got a little too close to them or a little too careless, the mines would blow you up. They carried a TON of them.

Ijuin said:
I think these are mainly pilots who like to get on an enemy's tail, and the Vaktoth's dual Meson turret gets in their faces more than the Pakhtan's shorter-range Mass Driver turret does.

Personally, I would have liked the chance to fly a Vaktoth. It has a smidgen more speed, a smidgen less protection, an extra pair of missiles, and slightly better guns and turret.
That still doesn't explain it. I stick right to their tailpipe and their turret doesn't hit me at all.

Confed fighter: Toss up between the morningstar, Sabre, and the dragon.
Kilrathi fighter: The Gothri scared me to death the first time I flew against it.
Confed cap ship: TCS Concordia
Kilrathi cap ship: Corvette.

My favourite fighters to fly:

WC1 - Raptor
The guns can actually hit the target, and they hurt!

WC2 - Crossbow
I'm not sure why some people hate this ship, but I never cared much about the lack of missiles or afterburners in the WC2 engine. No WC2 era kilrathi fighter is a match for its sheer gunpower, including the mighty Gothri. It even turns quicker and flies faster than the broadsword. The only viable option for the opponent is to run away...

WC3 - Thunderbolt
It can do almost anything well, including the odd capital ship. Unlike the Excalibur it takes skill and patience to fly especially against light fighters.

WC4 - Banshee
I hate this game. Dogfighting became nothing but missile exchanges. And the Banshee survives it best.

WCP - Vampire
Some think it's overpowered, but ever notice the slow refire rate of its guns? It's certainly no "spray and pray" job. Timing your salvos become an interesting challenge, unlike a certain WC3 uber-ship. *cough*

My favourite capital ship:
The Fralthra Mk II.

Mincemeat said:
WC2 - Crossbow
I'm not sure why some people hate this ship, but I never cared much about the lack of missiles or afterburners in the WC2 engine. No WC2 era kilrathi fighter is a match for its sheer gunpower, including the mighty Gothri. It even turns quicker and flies faster than the broadsword. The only viable option for the opponent is to run away...

I agree totally. Who needs missiles when you've got the heaviest guns of anybody? Except for the lack of afterburners, the Crossbow nearly matches the Sabre in speed and maneuvering (they both turn at 8/8/8). The only real threat is when Epees, Drakhris or Gothris get smart and start shooting at you from outside your gun range and STAY out of your gun range when you try to chase them--every other ship you go up against is either too unmaneuverable or lacks long range guns to try this.

Sure, you drain the gun capacitors in three salvos with full guns selected, but if those three salvos hit, then a Sarthra, Drakhri, Ferret, or Epee is dead, and anything else has serious armor damage. And side turrets? When you've got the same turning speed as a Sabre, you can bring your forward guns to bear on nearly any enemy--the rear turret is just to keep them from getting on your tail.

Lt.Death100 said:
I usually prefer ships with a deeper energy pool to draw from(probably cause I'm better at flying than aiming).

Since you're not separately targeting your guns, isn't flying and aiming about the same thing?

ChrisReid said:
Since you're not separately targeting your guns, isn't flying and aiming about the same thing?

You could be generally good at maneuvering and also be a little weak in timing or estimating ranges, or just in fine corrections once you have an enemy in your sights.

st3lt3k said:
Fighter: The Steltek drone (impressive track record, faster than the Arrow, cool green glow) or the Steltek fighter (way ahead of its time)

Capship: Steltek Carrier

This is not correct if you compare it vs the Arrow of Armada or WC Standoff. The Steltek drone has only 1700 kps afterburner speed and the Arrow from Armada is much faster ... the Arrow from Standoff even has 2100 kps.

So my favorite all time ship is the Arrow... (the fast Arrow like in Armada/Standoff)...

The only nice thing about the Dragon was the unlimited afterburner.

About the capships... the best one in my opinion was the Behemoth ... it really should have lived longer :D

Yeah, the Arrow was slowed down by the extra shields, guns, and missiles that it carried in later versions. Then again, in WC3 and later, two lasers won't cut it by themselves.

Back