What's up with Dallas?

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
No I'm not talking about the greedy coward from Prophecy, nor the city, or even the cheesy '80s series I got inexpilicably hooked on in junior high one summer.

Nope, I'm talking about the star system in the Challenger quadrant of the Avalon sector on the WCP map. It's just sitting there on its own with no jump lines coming out of it, but there is a circle around it in the blue line style used for the rest of the map's jump lines. Looking at it I vaguely remember reading something, somewhere, about some jump points being bended back on themselves and creating dead end systems. But, then again, I could just be crazy.

Is there any references in the series canon that refers to the Dallas system, or anything else to explain this beyond a printing error?

It's an Origin Systems in-joke--it refers to a company organizational chart that Origin VP Dallas Snell once drew that consisted of his name with an arrow pointing back at itself.

You could have been referring to Stingray's wingman in WC2, Shaggy. :) (Mr Vice President's other reference in WC2 was General Snell of Niven, I believe.)

Looking at it I vaguely remember reading something, somewhere, about some jump points being bended back on themselves and creating dead end systems.

There are a few references to new jump point creation or jump point closure. Here's one from Star*Soldier that includes a system being cut off:

In last month’s article, Mapping the Next Frontier, we referred to the Miller System in the Shelus Quadrant. Miller spent four years cut off from the Confederation following jump line shifts resulting from the Hardwicke supernova. Its residents have
reapplied for Confederation membership as the Strevell System.

Back