What's the Stupidest Way You've Died? (Now 20% More New And Improved!)

Originally posted by Valor NR
i wouldnt mind holding title because i can break up other arguements that people are at each others throat. Instead i can make them turn against me and they forget about what they were fighting against. You guys could use me as a tool sometime if you want. Well i cant help it anyway.
Must... resist... obvious insult... AHHHH*head explodes*

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
You can't burn up in a planet's atmosphere in Priv1.
The player can't, but other ships can. :) Lately, I've seen several ships on the other side of a planet or base just fly straight through... with heavy damage to their (pathetically weak) shields. :)

Originally posted by Eder
...you can fly one-nav point patrols in Saxtogue for 20 thousand credits... you play a character who makes the WC1-2 Blair look like he has as much personality and attitude as a paper clip
Saxtogue? Are you sure? Or are you referring to bounty hunts? [I once accepted a four-point patrol in Valhalla in RF. No 4th navpoint. Oops.]

Blair was overly modest in WC1 but in the Secret Missions he was a bit bolder. Not that he had many lines, anyway. WC2 was my first WC game, and I was a bit surprised to find the main character bending/breaking the regulations to save Stingray, conquer K'tithrak Mang.

Grayson Burrows had a bit of whiny voice, IMHO. And he did whine too much with Tayla. Not to mention he tried to hit on every woman he met (except the Pleasure base bartender). Perhaps it's a good thing he didn't see Taryn Cross again in RF. :)

Originally posted by Chance
LOL
i was talking to a friend on the phone and he told me on PSX he played WC4
and he also told me this weird (YET TRUE!!!!)
way to kill seether
drop a bunch of decoys and watch from the rear view he goes boom
anyone ever know this one??

Stupidest way i've died? hmmm dunno really, however in WCP being sprayed with stormfire cannon from my wingmen, whilst trying to dogfight a Devil Ray in a Devastator (on Nightmare difficulty I might add), doesn't help! :)

Originally posted by Wedge009

The player can't, but other ships can. :) Lately, I've seen several ships on the other side of a planet or base just fly straight through... with heavy damage to their (pathetically weak) shields. :)

That's funny, though it never happened to me (or I wasn't paying attention).

Saxtogue? Are you sure?

No. It was something around Saxtogue I was talking about, actually.... either Shangri La, ND-57, or Raxis. Can't remember which.

Grayson Burrows had a bit of whiny voice, IMHO. And he did whine too much with Tayla. Not to mention he tried to hit on every woman he met (except the Pleasure base bartender). Perhaps it's a good thing he didn't see Taryn Cross again in RF. :)

Agreed. But I still think he kicks ass.

--Eder

Originally posted by Jezzerr
Stupidest way i've died? hmmm dunno really, however in WCP being sprayed with stormfire cannon from my wingmen, whilst trying to dogfight a Devil Ray in a Devastator (on Nightmare difficulty I might add), doesn't help! :)

I have this thing with crashing while trying to land. So, my WCP landing experience:

I got permission to land, so i decided to fly in while using the booster pod on the wasp. Guess i was going too fast, cause the auto landing sequence never kicked in. The last thing I saw was the giant yellow warning strip in the docking bay, and then i saw my ship go boom.

You actually managed to get your Wasp in the bay? AFAIK, the hangars remain shielded until the ACLS kicks in.

Thats the thing, i ran into the shielding, but you see, i have a big ass 21" trinitron monitor, so that caution stripe was big as life!

Damn, gotta try that sometime :D

I use afterburners a lot, so I usually end up ramming things :D There was that one time where I played bumper-ships with an eject pod for the SAR ^_^.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Damn, gotta try that sometime :D

I use afterburners a lot, so I usually end up ramming things :D There was that one time where I played bumper-ships with an eject pod for the SAR ^_^.

In wc 1,2 I found that you sometimes do not take damage if you rame cats ships will firing(should have died alot more than I did using that trick).:D

Back