Whatever happened to Radio Rollins?

Where's Shotglass????

Originally posted by Skybolt
I liked it better with bartender, like in WC 1 and Privateer, so you could chitchat with him...
In WC 3 I don't think bartender ever said a word, though.
I know Shotglass the bartender in WC1 was the man he used to be a pilot i wonder what happened to him????

i only regret i have but one life to give to confed>>>loozer,,,, hells kitchen

Are you sure? I thought there were only four survivors from Tiger's Claw destruction : Blair, Maniac, Angel and Iceman. No one else.

Bartender

One thing´s for sure, "don´t drink and fly" does not apply to the Midway´s pilots, they sure drank A LOT!

About Rollins, maybe Blair transferred him to Waste Recycling after all :)

Are you sure? I thought there were only four survivors from Tiger's Claw destruction : Blair, Maniac, Angel and Iceman. No one else.

... but why are you sure of that? It's not stated anywhere. And the fact that we see both Spirit and Paladin in WC2 should really disprove it right off the bat... (and Hunter in Fleet Action).

Anyway, Ghost's right.

Spirit is in WC2. Paladin is in every single WC game (in the manual, if nothing else). Hunter is in one of the novels, although since I haven't read that novel, I don't know where it sits chronologically with the destruction of the Tiger's Claw. Doomsday and Jazz are both in WC2, as well, although technically, they don't count, since they were originally based off the TCS Austin (no indication of whether they go back after SM2, but iirc, the game seems to imply the Tiger's Claw is only a temporary posting). There were probably a number of other pilots out on patrol, as well (the old WC1/WC2 strat guide claimed that the Tiger's Claw had pretty much every last pilot out in space when it happened, IIRC).

Out of the lot:
Bossman - dies off screen in SM2.
Spirit - dies in WC2.
Jazz - dies in SO2.
Angel - dies in WC3.
Paladin - still alive.
Maniac - still alive.
Iceman - died off screen between WC1 and WC2 while serving in the same area as Blair and Hawk.
Doomsday - survived End Run (seen since?).
Hunter - seen in Freedom Flight, probably dead (as indicated by Jazz).
Knight - fate unknown, probably dead (as indicated by Jazz).
And, of course,...
Blair - dies in WCP.

Did I miss anyone?

There are lots of other crewmen I can think of... but of the ones you listed, Hunter shows up in Fleet Action (and dies)... Doomsday is still alive in False Colors.

So which characters actually did die on the Tiger's Claw. And does anyone know what happened to Major Edmond (WC2)?

Originally posted by Penguin
So which characters actually did die on the Tiger's Claw.

Halcyon?

:p

Part of the reason why you can't point to a huge list of names and say, "This person died on the Tiger's Claw," is because with the exception of Shotglass and Halcyon, everyone else was a fighter pilot. Logically, they'd all have been off the Tiger's Claw when the Kilrathi caught it.
And then there's the fact that the game never bothers to confirm who actually died, so even Halcyon could have conceivably made it onto an escape pod that jettisoned.
Actually, iirc, one of the conversations in WC2 makes a point of mentioning how few pilots from the Tiger's Claw are still left alive (something either Spirit or Angel says, iirc). It stands to reason that the Tiger's Claw had a lot more pilots than just the few you see.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Wasn't Blair out solo when the Claw went down?

Yes -- because they were so short-handed that Blair had to fly solo... everybody else who had a servicable fighter was also up.

(Tiger's Claw had 104 fighters, for the person who asked earlier...)

It specifies in the WC1 and 2 strategy guide clearly states

" It was eerie. It was sad. It was impossible. Colonel Halcyon, Lefty,Shotglass, and more than 750 others were dead"
I only regret I have but one life to give Confed--Loozer Vega Sector, Hell's Kitchen

Yeah but since VoW says that Shotglass is still alive after WC2 we can't completely rely on it. IIRC Halcyon wanted to transfer to Confed HQ or sth, maybe he did before the destruction (though the guide contradicts this).

My bad, it wasn't four survivors, there were more. I read it somewhere on this CZ, but I sort of misremembered (does this word actually exist?:) )
Well, in " The Official Strategy Guide for Wing Commander Prophecy" it is clearly stated that "Only a handful of pilots out on patrol survived the attack..." and that Maniac was in the nuthouse for the time being.
So neither Halcyon or Shootglass survived...:(

Well, in " The Official Strategy Guide for Wing Commander Prophecy" it is clearly stated that "Only a handful of pilots out on patrol survived the attack..." and that Maniac was in the nuthouse for the time being.

This seems to directly clash with the information in the WC1/ WC2 strategy guide. According to that guide, it was a surgical strike against the Tiger's Claw. The evidence would seem to indicate that, as well. If the Tiger's Claw pilots had all been involved in dogfights at the time, its doubtful that as much of a fuss would have been made over Blair's missing flight recorder data. The fact that none of the pilots was attacked would indicate that someone let the Kilrathi through, and Blair's missing flight recorder would cast the suspicion on him. If numerous pilots had died in dogfights while the Tiger's Claw was being attacked, then the fighters that killed the Tiger's Claw could have conceivably come from anywhere.

This same guide also doesn't put Maniac into the nuthouse until WC2, although since he makes an appearence in SO2 (which isn't in the guide), the timing in the nuthouse seems a little odd...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Hunter shows up in Fleet Action (and dies)...

well thanks a lot LOAF... I hadn't finished yet and you just had to go and tell me the bad news :mad:

Back