What would you like to see on the Chatzone?

Originally posted by Preacher
And to the other guy: In Brazil is spoken Portugese, not Spanish.

Thanks, someone that knows that. Thanks to the Simpsons, more people know that now, too.

Originally posted by Ghost
Geographically speaking it´s one continent

"Geographically?" Well, this is a mess. I too learned here in Brazil that it's just one continent, but apparently americans and canadians learn that they are 2. I don't care.

This continent debate is endless. So it's Eurasia? Or Australasia?

If you take in account tectonic plates, there's about 11 continents.

Is Australia a continent? Is Oceania? Is Antartica?

I've debated this thing a lot on agwc. Not doing it again, but, hey, good luck. It's just odd that Panama "changed" continents when it separated from Colombia.

But something for you guys to think: the olympic symbol has 5 parts, for 5 continents... Which are they?

Originally posted by Delance
Thanks, someone that knows that. Thanks to the Simpsons, more people know that now, too.
Pshaw, I don't catch The Simpsons (FOX station in my area doesn't come in too well). I know this due to my sister-in-law is Brazilian. Her & my bro are trilingual (English/Spanish/Portugese). Me, I only speak English & Spanish.

Originally posted by Preacher
Pshaw, I don't catch The Simpsons (FOX station in my area doesn't come in too well). I know this due to my sister-in-law is Brazilian. Her & my bro are trilingual (English/Spanish/Portugese). Me, I only speak English & Spanish.

Cool. Portuguese isn't that hard to understand if you know spanish.

Originally posted by Delance
But something for you guys to think: the olympic symbol has 5 parts, for 5 continents... Which are they?

Good point, Delance.

Now, I do know Geography quite a lot, and I´m pretty sure that:

The world has 6 continents: America, Europe (which ends in the Russian Ural Mountains), Africa, Asia, Oceania and Antarctica (the latter doesn´t go in the olympic flag, of course).

The American continent, for convenience reasons, is often divided in three parts: South America (ends in the Colombia/Panama border), Central America (from Panama to Guatemala, including the Caribbean) and North America (US, Canada and Mexico).

Now, a few geographists (sp?) say that Central America is a part of North America. Again, this subdivisions were made for convenience only. NA, CA, and South America are sub-continents, all of them part of the one real continent called America.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
But I'm the nicest person ever. :(

I cant agree, i am nice (and unfortuantly for all nice people, life treats it in one of two ways... rewards you....or in my case, kicks you in the ass!) oh welll.... its a habit really...one i find hard to break that is..... being a nice guy.... it IS a curse

Ok.... i get it... different people, different ways of naming continets.

ANYWAYS.... back to my original question (please answer it this time) South america is one of the few PLACES i have never been to, so.... do any of you guys that live in south america have suggestions as to were to visit if i were do decide to go there (which i probably will... even though i cant speak spanish) :D

Back