What would you like to see in a non-standard Wing Commander game?

The thread's title is easily answered with one word: Sosa.

The thread's title is easily answered with one word: Sosa.

If we're going to start talking about which characters we'd like to see back, I'd very much like to know what our friends in the Landreich are up to.

I guess it's unlikely they'll ever make it into an actual game (given that they were primarily "novel" based), but, you have to admit, they have kind of dropped off of the radar.

I do hope you're not talking about a WC dating game, LeHah...

Whats it to you :p

Seriously though, much like Dougly - Im curious to know what happened to some old hands from the gaming series. (Though I believe we know what happened to Sosa, she became Blair's assisstant at the end of the WC4 novel?). "Radio" Rollins, Catscratch and Panther would be welcome returns.

Whats it to you :p

Seriously though, much like Dougly - Im curious to know what happened to some old hands from the gaming series. (Though I believe we know what happened to Sosa, she became Blair's assisstant at the end of the WC4 novel?). "Radio" Rollins, Catscratch and Panther would be welcome returns.

Was Catscratch in the novel? I don't remember him being mentioned.

He's a small character on the Lexington. He doesn't defect with Blair.

I would personnally love a sort of "wing commander prequel": a space campaign starting from the iason incident up all the way to the mcaulliffe battle and the cluster carnival. Naturally, this would mean adding new ships, such as a pre WC1 true carrier, and perhaps other things such as movie sivars, snakeir super dreadnaughts (standard and command 4km long versions) and perhaps a corvette precursor to the kamekh named spikeri.

And who knows, if the story could continue up to the Wc2 era, perhaps we could recreate the academy storyline and add ships such as the agon ra sivar...

Naturally, those remain suppositions, but it would be good to test oneself against those ships in space combat.

I always kind of expected there to be a WC mod of the Starfleet Command games..

I think that would have been cool..

That one would have been nice... there is a lot of games we'd love to see in the WC universe; the real deal is modding the game (if possible at all)...

If only I knew how to do it... jeje:D

Lately, I've been playing a lot of Battlestations Midway and I think a WC game using it's engine or something similar would really be fantastic to slug it out with capships and fighters. It offers everything except adding the extra dimension of travel for capships, doing that on a 3d map of some kind and we'd have something along the lines of Aaron's HW2 mod.

Yeah, there were mods of the ST: SFC games, people added new ship models, ship stats, etc.

There was a mod called "The Dominion Wars" (I think) that was fairly impressive from what I remember reading.

Back