What were the worst injustices in the Wing Commander Movie?

I remember one time I flew with him, and we encountered Kilrathi. Jalthi, I think. Bossman just flew off and took out three in the blink of an eye. No one, but no one, had done that. I can't even rack up kills that quick. He killed the three in about four seconds. It usually takes me three times as long, on the easiest difficulty.

Originally posted by Delance
Wow, do we need this Bossman debate again?

Let me ask you then. Mr. Knight's ship blow up. Does that means that the "Knight" from WC dies, or does he ejects? Or, perhaps, theres'a "Mr. Knight" with some other AKA out there? Who cares? :D

We're not trying to start another debate. Pick either the game or the movie, or a combination of both, as canon. End of story. We were just saying how good he was in the game, and clearing up that he did appear in Wing Commander, but was only mentioned in the movie.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
It usually takes me three times as long, on the easiest difficulty.

WC have just one difficulty setting.

The enemy AI would get harder as the enemy ships are being destroyed, so the last one is the hardest. But you can't choose any setting.

Originally posted by Delance
WC have just one difficulty setting.

The enemy AI would get harder as the enemy ships are being destroyed, so the last one is the hardest. But you can't choose any setting.

I was thinking like WC3, with it's Ace, Nightmare settings, invincibility and such. I was lumping all the games in here. Also, Secret Missions on the SNES allowed you to change the difficulty.

Originally posted by TC
Why? People are talking about Wing Commander...

Mispost. The comment was about the Bush thread that was, in fact, moved.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
I was thinking like WC3, with it's Ace, Nightmare settings, invincibility and such. I was lumping all the games in here. Also, Secret Missions on the SNES allowed you to change the difficulty.

Ah, cool. Boosman is on SM1, but gets it on SM2.

Casey and Maestro

Yes, that's it! Thanks Aries and WildWeasel. Did anyone else notice the similarity between these two: their youth and relationship and the Blair-Maniac characters in the movie?

How come in the books (i wont say anything a bout the games since im a newbie to them) Hunter and Blair were cool, but in the movie Hunter is an ass to Blair, did hunter not like Blair for a while because he was pilgrim and then end up liking him anyways, like after the end of the movie?

That is one of the little mysteries of the movie-game/book relationship (unless it gets explained in the movie novel or Pilgrim Stars, both of which i haven't read). My personal theory is that the movie is a representation of the games, not actually ment to fit in the timeline with the games or books, and that Hunter is, like Gerald, a representation of the confederation-wide dislike for the Pilgrims. course not everyone here agrees with me so don't take my theory as gospel. Another solution would be that after getting the jump courdinates to Tolwyn, Blair proved himself to everyone and Hunter realized he is alright.

You know i really really really think the scar guy in the movie is iceman. This is for two reson. One- he is in as many shots as the other small time pilots and talks very little ( a very good description of ICEMAN), and when he dose talk he has an accent; another being that if you type Iceman in the search bar at CIC News page you'll get a couple of pictures one of which has a scar on his face ( and maybe that is the picture they used when finding out what he would look like). I could be wrong, INFACT i am PROBABLY wrong, but as far as i can see their is no big holes in my theory. what do you guys think?:)

maybe, but that leaves a BIG question unanswered (actually it's really trivial, but so is everything else we discuss if you think about it...) who is the scar guy, atleast my post attempted to answer that question...

Originally posted by Aries
i think that Iceman, like Spirit and Col. Halcyon, wasn't in the movie. That's what I think.

Maybe in a cameo role? I think I remember seeing two characters briefly that could be them.

Originally posted by Maniac II
but as far as i can see their is no big holes in my theory. what do you guys think?:)
Well, I guess the only hole is that bit in the Confed Handbook that identifies him as Adam "Bishop" Polanski :p.

Originally posted by TopGun
They also used Naval Ranks for the pilots

Which I thought was kinda' weird. Well, they are on a Navy ship....

What was funny, though, was when Admiral Tolwyn asked about the Diligent's crew compliment, his aide or whatever says "Captained by James Taggart with two replacement pilots, first lieutenants Christopher Blair and Todd Marshal." Something to that effect.

Then, when Blair gets on the Tiger Claw and reports to the captain, he salutes and says "Lieutenant J.G."

Same rank... just different service designation. So, is there any reason Space Force personnel were called by Navy ranks...?

Back