What WC Game makes this series the best?

What is the best WC Game?

• Wing Commander

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Wing Commander II

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Wing Commander III

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Wing Commander IV

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Wing Commander Prophecy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wing Commander Secret Ops

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • WC Privateer

• Privateer II

• WC Armada

• WC Arena

• Total voters

ExcalPilot1

1st Lieutenant
Hey, sorry if this has been done before. I think it would be cool to see what others think about the games from this series.

I would say WCP: Secret Ops, which somehow was left off your list. The idea of an episodic come back every week for new stuff and use pass codes to get new stuff out of the website system is pretty damned cool to me.

This poll's been done before, but it's a lot more fun to redo than 'least favorite' game! :)

I would say WCP: Secret Ops, which somehow was left off your list. The idea of an episodic come back every week for new stuff and use pass codes to get new stuff out of the website system is pretty damned cool to me.

I think there's a limit of 10 options for the poll, so I've removed WC Academy and replaced it with Secrete Ops as it's likely to get a fair bit more votes. (Sorry Academy)

BTW, being that theres add-ons for games, just vote for the game that the add-on belongs to

And Secret Ops is every bit as stand-alone as Academy, so voting for Prophecy wouldn't work in that case. Given the two options, WCSO seemed like a better choice.

Got to go with the original - Wing Commander I. Even though it was the first, I think it had the best gameplay, with nothing coming close until Prophecy. I also think it had the most memorable ships, weapons, and characters.

Privateer! Open-world! Storyline optional! Space trading! All those little things that people have tried to copy over the years (yes I'm well aware of Elite coming first etc. etc.) and somehow everyone still admits that Privateer did it best.

Despite all the fancy graphical advancements and complex world-building of today, I still fondly remember frantically sending happy friend-making comms to pirate fighters, then helping them take down a wallowing drayman & tractoring in the sweet, sweet booty.

Not surprising that the closest I have yet to see that could hold a torch to Privateer was Roberts' own Freelancer. But that discussion is another thread.

Did anyone else doing a dos install of privateer notice that it always became 'Privater' due to the 8 character limit of dos? Ah, those were the days...

for me it was the sequal...WCII, dont get me wrong, i really enjoyed WC, hated the "asteriod fields", there is nothing worse then surviving a huge battle, ship all banged upand have to navigate an asteriod field to get back to the "claw" only to get smashed and to replay the mission again.
but WCII was just amazing, the progress of the story, new characters, great missions.

This poll's been done before, but it's a lot more fun to redo than 'least favorite' game! :).

Love you too Chris! :p

I gotta say I loved the first WC, but the second one really pushed it over the top for me, it has a nice twist to it with the hidden villain and the way you had to re-earn everyone's respect. The first WC didnt really give the impression of having to prove anything. Also it had the best carrier in the series!

Back