What to get her?

Papa John's is selling a heart shaped pizza. That's a good way to tell someone you lack tact when it comes to romance *and* taste when it comes to pizza.

As someone who used to deliver Papa Johns pizza...

... I can't argue the second point. :(

(Hey, they were hiring, and I was short on cash after Winn-Dixie pulled out of the Carolinas. :p )

So I guess what you're saying is that the whole thing is... BECAUSE OF WINN-DIXIE?

because_of_winn_dixie_ver2.jpg

I like Papa John's pizza :*(

At least I have better tact I guess (perhaps not when it comes to crius posts). Sorry about some of the dirty stuff on here Lt. Overload, the internet is a tough world for teenagers. That being said, the guy referring to your girlfriend as a 'guy' may not be too far off; there's a bunch of wierdos on the internet and "she" could be anybody; even a guy just messing with you and putting girl pictures on there as a joke or worse. Whatever you do, don't meet 'her' in person and especially not anywhere that isn't very public and that your parents don't know about. Don't take anything 'she' says too seriously. There was a girl that killed herself over her myspace 'boyfriend' breaking up with her and it turned out it was some adult woman who was just a cruel woman making a site using a guys pictures. Then again, it could be an 11 yr. old girl, so also don't be mean to 'her?' as well.

To quote a slogan my generation grew up with: "Now you know" young lieutenant "...and knowing is half the battle."

I like Papa John's pizza :*(

At least I have better tact I guess (perhaps not when it comes to crius posts). Sorry about some of the dirty stuff on here Lt. Overload, the internet is a tough world for teenagers. That being said, the guy referring to your girlfriend as a 'guy' may not be too far off; there's a bunch of wierdos on the internet and "she" could be anybody; even a guy just messing with you and putting girl pictures on there as a joke or worse. Whatever you do, don't meet 'her' in person and especially not anywhere that isn't very public and that your parents don't know about. Don't take anything 'she' says too seriously. There was a girl that killed herself over her myspace 'boyfriend' breaking up with her and it turned out it was some adult woman who was just a cruel woman making a site using a guys pictures. Then again, it could be an 11 yr. old girl, so also don't be mean to 'her?' as well.

To quote a slogan my generation grew up with: "Now you know" young lieutenant "...and knowing is half the battle."

Oh naw, she's a girl all right.

...though she said she'd kill herself if I broke up with her...

Oh naw, she's a girl all right.

...though she said she'd kill herself if I broke up with her...

Clingy little attention whore. You're eventually going to come across some decision, at some point, where there's two choices- what's fair, reasonable, and makes sense, and what she demands that you do. Expect all amount of stupid girl-angst when you choose number one, and all amount of annoying stupidity from everyone else when you choose number two.

Or as Death said, dump her and eliminate any methods she has to contact you and do it now.

Yeah, have you even met her in real life?

Hehe, what's with kids and killing themselves the days anyway. Read about some other little kid who killed himself cause someone called him "gay" on the internet.

I'm really sorry to derail the thread here, but I think something needs to be said about Dyret's comment.

Hehe, what's with kids and killing themselves the days anyway. Read about some other little kid who killed himself cause someone called him "gay" on the internet.

Gee, I don't think I've ever heard of a kid up and killing himself because he was called gay over the internet.

I did hear about this boy who commited suicide after becoming a frequent target at an online community, much like this boy who posted his suicide as a live video online, and was egged on by people thinking it was a joke/hoax. And I think a lot of people in the US knows about Megan Meier, the girl who commited suicide after an organized campaign of bullying, both online and off, spearheaded by an enemy's mother. It's far too simplistic, however, to say that someone would kill themself just because they've been called gay.

Anyone who made it past their teenage years knows how awkward they can be, not only emotionally but socially. And yes, a lot of us on this board can look at Lt. Overlord's comments and roll our eyes and say he'll look back in a few years and feel stupid about what transpired, which I agre with. But the fact of the matter is that teenagers take things way too seriously, and we live in an age where the Internet can magnify the awkward feelings they have by a hundred.

Dyret, your comment was extremely crass and showed your ignorance of cyberbullying, a serious offense which has become a crime in some places. Calling anyone gay, especially over and over again, in a society where being gay means being an outsider, contributes negative feelings to an already unstable mindset, which, to too many teenagers all over the world, has led to suicide. In my opinion, you are nothing but an enabler for cyberbullying and bullies in general, and are no better than one yourself.

Once again, I'm sorry for speaking off-topic in this thread. But, as someone who has worked with emotionally unstable teenagers who are affected on a daily basis by bullies, I believe the sort of enabling comments, like Dyret's, need to be nipped in the bud. I'm more than willing to continue the discussion with anyone via PM/e-mail.

Back