What the smeg is Origin FX

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I don't know if anyone's asked this before, i did a search and nothing came up.
But I grabbed the Origin FX demo off the files page and decided to check it out. It asks for a directory for Strike Commander, which I don't have, so I'm just kind of curious as to what it is supposed to do.

Originally posted by Shaggy
I don't know if anyone's asked this before, i did a search and nothing came up.
But I grabbed the Origin FX demo off the files page and decided to check it out. It asks for a directory for Strike Commander, which I don't have, so I'm just kind of curious as to what it is supposed to do.

I believe it was a screensaver.

Re: Re: What the smeg is Origin FX

Originally posted by Haesslich
I believe it was a screensaver.

It was more of a screensaver then you'll ever be, colonel. It's excellence personified... It's...

It's incompatible with Windows XP!

It's... symbolic of all that we'll archive in the future!

So why does it ask for a directory for Strike Commander? Does it pull images from the game?

Origin FX is a Win3.11 screensaver... it has a bunch of generic 'savers (melting Windows, burning Windows, etc.) and a bunch of Origin screensaves (WC fighters flying around, Ultima critters wandering around, etc.). It also has the ability to play any movie from Wing Commander 2 (movies -- like the 'kiss' and such).

The 'demo' does the same thing for Strike Commander -- point it to your SC directory and it'll play any of SC's movies.

Back