What ship...

says on the front page that it's a Ranger...

(and I thought the Kilrathi were suppossed to have the Red color scheme)

D'oh! :eek:

The Kilrathi have red and orange smeared all over their ships, IIRC, the BW a red tinge on bits, I think.

I always just figured the Invasion team would make them purple for some reason...

According to the Invasion site, it's a Ranger -- althouhg it looks to be the Concordia model.

ship

Hm, the concordia should have two launch bays IIRC. I don't exactly remember the design of captains Eisen's ship the TCS Intrepid but in my memory (which lapses from time to time) it looks more like that.

ship types

Thank you for clarification. Sigh, it has been a long time since playing.
Thankfully I have gotten my hands on a Kilrathi Saga and I can hardly wait to get it.

Originally posted by Mav23
The Intrepid IS a Concordia class, the TCS Concordia, was not...

IIRC, isn't the Intrepid the compilation if two Durango class Destroyers with a Flight Bay slapped in between them??

Oh, and to clear things up, when Wildcat did the models he told me he used a WC3 Ranger model with WC4 style textures. He acknowledged it looked alot like a Concordia. In game, the Ranger will be smaller than the Concordia and thus easy to identify.

oh, yes, you're right, for some reason I was thinking Intrepid, but of course, I MEANT Lexington, sorry for the confusion...

Durango side note

The BWS Intrepid is a modified Durango-class destroyer. The BWS Tango ("Capture the carrier" mission, in Speradon (WC4)) was also a Durango (the class name wasn't changed as far as we know). Also, in spite of what it looks like in the game, the Intrepid is made out of one destroyer, not two.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Oh, and to clear things up, when Wildcat did the models he told me he used a WC3 Ranger model with WC4 style textures. He acknowledged it looked alot like a Concordia. In game, the Ranger will be smaller than the Concordia and thus easy to identify.

Which raises the question, HOW much smaller than the Concordia is the Ranger, and would it make any difference to the layman?

A Concordia is 800m, a Ranger is 720m, a difference of 80m. Its slight but if you put them next to each other you could tell.

Back