What I've done so far...

What I don't get, is sometimes I click on a bartender and get audio, and sometimes I don't. We get inflight audio, except for the campaign missions???? Something is screwy. If some of the audio is there, it seems to me that the rest should be able to be put in.

we don't know how to get the rest of the audio...the format for on-base audio is gibberish...

the only way to get it is for players to record it for each bartender speech. we could remove the few we have

Here's another math bug for you. I don't really know how it happened, but I now have a no shit 14,000,000,000.00. only they ain't zeroes, they're hundreds of millions and hundreds of thousands.

do you know when you got the cash...what gave you so much cash... i.e. what did you do between the time you had a reasonable ammt and the time you had a boatload

No. I just remember having 24 million or so, I was running the campaign missions in my Paradigm, somewhere between Masterson and Murphy, I saved the game a couple of times, got blowed up a couple of times, restarted to previous saved positions after shutting down after getting blown up. This may be relevant, I haven't killed a ship in a while, I just suck them up and sell them. Sometimes I get a market value for them, sometimes I only get 10 credits. Seems that happens mostly with Talons and Kilrathi ships. Maybe somewhere it's crediting me full price on the Gothris or something. But I really don't think I've gotten 14 BILLION credits worth of ships.

I got a major bone to pick with whoever. The jump point from Beta to Gamma appears to either be a solid object, shielded or something else. It beats the crap out of my ship so bad going through it that the cats on the other side have an easy time kicking my ass. Thanks. I'd rather they earn their victories than be spotted a few points. Other than that.... the usual math problems.

Ridgerunner said:
I got a major bone to pick with whoever. The jump point from Beta to Gamma appears to either be a solid object, shielded or something else. It beats the crap out of my ship so bad going through it that the cats on the other side have an easy time kicking my ass. Thanks. I'd rather they earn their victories than be spotted a few points. Other than that.... the usual math problems.
Strange indeed. That jump is configured exactly like every other jump. From beta.system:
<planet name="Jump_To_Gamma" file="jump.png" alpha="ONE ONE" radius="256" gravity="0" x="0" y="-17000" day="240" destination="Gemini/gamma"/>
from troy.system:
<planet name="Jump_To_War" file="jump.png" alpha="ONE ONE" radius="256" gravity="0" x="10" y="16000" day="240" destination="Gemini/war"/>

-the same. Admittedly I haven't flown through every jump point in Gemini yet (at least not in the remake) but looking at the game files I can see no wayit would behave any differently.

Has it happened to you more than once? Can you be sure you weren't hit by a missile, or a ship jumping jumping into Beta from Gamma (telefragged ;) ) ?

prolly was telefragged ;-)
sometimes you have to have a bit of patience to let the CPU ships finish jumping before you go off and ram yourself in that jump point

There were no other ships around, except the cats on the other side, and they were 20k or so kliks away.

It's ALWAYS that way. I've tried several times to get through it with no damage, but it always beats me up.

When I was doing the previous mission, I got too close to it and bounced off of it. At the time, I just thought that I wasn't allowed to use it until the next mission. But it acts the same way as it did on the "Map Beta" mission.

MamiyaOtaru said:
Strange indeed. That jump is configured exactly like every other jump. From beta.system:
<planet name="Jump_To_Gamma" file="jump.png" alpha="ONE ONE" radius="256" gravity="0" x="0" y="-17000" day="240" destination="Gemini/gamma"/>
from troy.system:
<planet name="Jump_To_War" file="jump.png" alpha="ONE ONE" radius="256" gravity="0" x="10" y="16000" day="240" destination="Gemini/war"/>

-the same. Admittedly I haven't flown through every jump point in Gemini yet (at least not in the remake) but looking at the game files I can see no wayit would behave any differently.

Has it happened to you more than once? Can you be sure you weren't hit by a missile, or a ship jumping jumping into Beta from Gamma (telefragged ;) ) ?

Is that the same?

TC is right of course :) The position of the two jump points in their respective systems is different (as are their names! zomg ;) ), but everything else is indeed identical.

So while I still see no way something weird could be happening there, you say it's happened more than once. So, off I go to see if it does it here too. (would have done so earlier, but I've been freakishly busy lately)

*edit*
just flew through all of those, nothing strange about them here. Would you mind checking your system files to make sure the relevant stuff is the same as what I posted above?

Hi, I'm Wabbit and new to this forum too. First of all: the remake is great! Finally I can play Privateer again like the good old days and I appreciate the effort made by this team, keep up the good work!

But I wouldn't be posting here (rather playing the game) if there wasn't something that is er, interesting. I find the AI opponents too difficult! I was never a great pilot in the WC game universe, but these new Talons are bouncing and jumping all over me, outmanouvering me like advanced mechs in anime films. I barely could take on two Talons with the rusty Tarsus Crate of Death, let alone three.

And worse, since I bought a Centurion, I can survive bounties or enemy encounter any no more. I understand the difficulty gets harder when you advance through the game, but this is way too much! :{
With the Centurion, I thought I could finally do some serious bounty hunting work...

I did set the difficulty to 'Easier' from the start, I just suck in this game I guess.

MamiyaOtaru said:
just flew through all of those, nothing strange about them here. Would you mind checking your system files to make sure the relevant stuff is the same as what I posted above?

O.K. Apparently I do not posess the skills/knowledge to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's another small (in the grand scheme of things) bug, I tractor in a pilot, and am immediately accused of having contraband if scanned, even though I haven't landed yet.

DEVIANTS! You've deviated from the original story!

I think I'll give running contraband from Perry to New Detroit a try. The stuff's dirt cheap on Perry.

was it not that way in the original? what could you sell tractored pilots as in the cargo? were they not considered contraband?

Back