What I've done so far...

U

Unregistered

I've been fiddling around with the beta version for a week, or so, and since it would take a lot of reading to see if everything I noticed has been addressed, just ignore anything fixed/ already reported.

1. The ships look great!!!

2. I'm not sure what you tried to do with the AI that decides who's friendly, hostile, whatever, but I was making friends with the Pirates, they were talking friendly, but kept shooting at me. This happened in Troy, no missions accepted. Also in the same category, I bumped into a Broadsword and made him hostile, and he followed me EVERYWHERE until I destroyed him, then most of the Confeds were hostile from then on. As in the original Privateer, you can "talk" them back to friendly, but they kept firing at me, just like the pirates. So eventually, I can see having the entire universe permanantly hostile.

3. Something is wrong with the math in the repair and upgrade area. I'm pretty sure that it is giving full price back when I sell some items. I know for a fact that I bought an advanced scanner, I forget which one, and when I stripped my ship to buy a Galaxy, it only credited me 5 credits. So I lost around 60,000 credits there. The good news is that it let me buy it back for the Galaxy for 10 credits, and kept that up 'till present. It did that with the (advanced?) repair droid also.

4. I can't buy a scanner or shields for the Gladius.

5. I can't buy a cargo expansion for anything.

6. How can I tell if the repair droid is repairing anything? I can't pull up the damage report screen. The droid seems to do nothing.

That's it for now, I guess. Everything looks great.

Robert

As far as friendly vs enemy... perhaps the comms don't always match up--but you should be able ot tell by how green they are if you have a color radar. Also if you have contraband they'll stay on your butt till you successfully run away or kill them.
You can see your permanent (not per-unit) faction relations by going into the info screen on a base.
Odd about the scanner--we'll have to look at it.
It could be that you have a military grade gladius that comes with those things...
what shields does it say you have in ship info screen on the base?
Cargo expansion needs some looking into--we've heard this before but still need to fix it. You can try a small cargo expansion for now.
Repair droid still repairs too slowly to be noticable--we should increase it.
Glad you like other things

last i checked, the small cargo expansion costs way more than the regular.

-scheherazade

Got the NAV map figured out. Kinda.

Got the making friends down too. Kinda.

I also found a way to make loads of money and never leave the ship dealer on New Detroit. I pulled in in my Centurion, and thought I'd try to get an Orion. So I dutifully sold everything off the Centurion, went to My Fleet, and selected the Tarsus and clicked BUY to make it the active ship so I could sell the Centurion. The Tarsus still had guns on it, so I sold those. Then I went back to My Fleet, and and clicked BUY to make the Centurion active again, to see if I left anything on it. It was fully loaded again, so I sold everything again. The scanner and repair droid price problem wasn't here, so maybe it's only in Troy. Anyway, I kept repeating the process until I had enough to get a Drayman, and then went and got blown up.

I'll let you know if I see anything else.

Ridgerunner said:
I also found a way to make loads of money and never leave the ship dealer on New Detroit
See this thread. Not the part about not being able to sell the Tarsus, but the part about the infiinite money exploit. It's been addressed and fixed and should show up in the next release :D

Still can't buy any kind of cargo expansion for Tarsus, Galaxy or Centurion.

Made one try to do Tayla's first mission. Got to the Pentonville sys and even got the base to be friendly. Landed and went to the bar to find Tayla, and there was a bounty hunter fixer there. Just as an aside, in my original Privateer game, I never saw ANY fixers except the ones for the campaign. So far I've seen a Confed officer, a pirate, and the bounty hunter. Cool.

Anyway, so what happened to Tayla?

In beta 8, Tayla does not appear if you do not have enough cargo room for the next mission. This has been fixed, will show up in the next release ;) If there is some other reason she is not appearing, well, something's wrong. What ship were you in? Did you have it filled with cargo to sell? If so, empty it, save and load and she should be there. Like I said, won't be an issue with the next version.

after you empty your hold to make room for 25 cargo, you need to launch, and land to see her.

also make sure that the mission cargo you delievered is actually gone.

hmm, what about making some exceptions?
like story missions don't require any cargo room...?
or add a warning text somewhere that says you can't accept this mission until you have the room to accept (choosing accept is forced to act like as if you had declined)

-scheherazade

We fixed this... it will now sell the available cargo at the price you purchased it at if you accept a mission requiring too much cargo. (i.e. you have 50 iron in your centurion... it will sell 25 in order to make space for tayla's drugs)

We may print a warning...but the problem with beta008 was just a bug :)

I did say it had been fixed..

We are talking about having the missions use a little less cargo room.. In the original mission cargo didn't take up any room at all. Not sure how easy it would be to make mission cargo use nothing. Could make a seperate category or something.. but simply requiring you to carry less would have the same effect gameplay wise. And unil then, having the game make room for you seems ok.

The mission will allow you to carry less if your ship can't support the total capacity of the cargo required by the mission...or you've stocked up on other mission cargo

I found a couple more things... I got me a Paradigm, and put a tractor beam on it and continued the campaign using it. I got kinda carried away sucking up ships to sell, and I accidentally sucked up the Pender's Star jump point from Troy. It was gone from view, and gone from the NAV map. So I went to the nearest base and sold it for 10 credits. Anyway, I went back to an earlier saved game, and loaded it. The jump point was gone. Soooo, I restarted my computer and started from the earlier savegame, and the jump point was back. Maybe it shouldn't be possible to tractor in a jump point and sell it.

Next, I went back to New Detroit and tried Tayla again. Took the mission, and continued the campaign. The last mission, apparently the Paradigm didn't get a secret compartment because everyone and their brother was detecting contraband. And even after I finished that series and went to the next, the mission cargo was still there. After I completed Roman Lynch's first mission, I dumped it in the commodity exchange. By the way, I tractored Seelig in and sold him for 10 credits. I really get off on sucking up ships. Broadswords, Orions, I even own a Gothri and a Dralthi I bought after I sold them in the commodity exchange. So far, My Fleet consists of every ship you can buy, and every ship that a Paradigm can tractor in. Apparently a Kamekh is too fat. So is a Drayman for some reason.

Something is definitely up with the math when I can't sell a Galaxy for more than 10 credits.

CYA!

P.S. And a couple of times when I went to Tayla's, the base had the Refinery landing pad and concourse instead of the Pirate ones. Wierd. There was even both guilds, and Tayla was in the bar.

ya: tractoring a jump point is really dumb...I didn't allow ships to tractor in items smaller than the ship--but I guess a paradigm's bigger than a jump point...doh!

weird about the refinery base:
and weird about the ship prices---tractor'd ships should cost the same as their purchasable counterparts

course you won't be able to buy a paradigm in 1.0

You'll be able to keep it if you import your savegame... or there may be some possibilities for some easter eggs to obtain it in 1.0--the devels are discussing it secretly ;-)

All I'm saying, is that if the shtinking Tarsus carries 100 cargo, the Galaxy ought to hold 500, and the Drayman should be 10,000 or so so that you can get at least one ship to transport "starships" in. Taking away the Paradigm, the only ship capable of carrying starships, would mean that the starships commodity would have to go away. Granted, I abused the capabilities of the Paradigm with a tractor beam by sucking up anything that passed by, but that's only because there was no hostility downside to a great way to make money. For instance, Confed never got pissed when I collected about 15 Broadswords in three hops.

Right now I,m in Locanda system. I got kinda carried away last night exploring.

Why is there a Perry, complete with Admiral Terrel's office in Kilrah system?

I sometimes get audio from bartenders, are we going to get all the audio by the time this gets done?

Where is Earth?

Where is Kilrah?

AWESOME SYSTEM ART!!

The rest of the WC universe is in there really only to provide news bits and balance for the dynamic universe (all the enemy fighters come from somewhere)

That you can go there at all is a bit of an easter egg, as most of the connections were cut off to keep the player in gemini. As we move towards a real WCU (after the remake is done) we'll worry more about having Sol system correct, about having kilrathi starbases etc.

No one has figured out a way to get sound from privateer...some users have recorded it and uploaded those recordings--they are sadly incomplete. I have no idea how to get more.. I contacted HCl but he hasn't figured out a solution to playing said sound files...
basically it's up to charity now--if people send us bartender wavs the team will include them as they get them--send to the usual place privater atsign* gmail.com

Back