What is with the Nephilim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedge009: "you fly as a Panther on the side of the Nephilim." Isn't that a contradiction or have we a traitor on our hands?
In a more serious tone WTF?

Well, in some of the cutscenes, the mission designers forgot to disable the player's controls. Thus, you can switch to the cockpit (F1) and fly about for the duration of the cutscene.
And I suppose it is entirely possible that they would put the player in on the side of the Nephilem - keep in mind, the player's ship doesn't actually show up or do anything during the cutscenes; it's out there just because it has to be.

In the case of Duel, you fly as a Panther, but your radar indicates Confed ships in red, and Nephilim in blue. Enough of an explanation?

WOW, this is my real test on if the board was faster or not. All I can say is WOW < simly > Plus everything loads from the top down now, instead of having to wait on everything to load < simly>

Anyway, I've never tried that deal with the F1 during cutscenes, but I'm going to check it out when I play SO. I don't understand that Panther/enemy thing, so I'm going to check for meself! No offense Wedge, I'm just skeptical < simily >

What's this about a limit on Smilies! Damn you!

It was nice to see this post survived the transition. I'll want to look into the F1 feature as well cause it sounds very cool.

Dennis

It was nice to see this post survived the transition. I'll want to look into the F1 feature as well cause it sounds very cool.

Dennis

Heh, heh. Why does everyone doubt me? I actually got this one from my cousin. IIRC, there are two intros where you can do this: Viral Legacy, where you fly as a Devastator with the St Helens, and Duel, with the bad Panther everyone is so doubtful about.

By your own admission "I played to the second mission where you get choose ships for the first time and... nothing! Arrgh! I've just lost all credibility I ever had with you guys!" :) :D

[Edited by Penguin on 11-15-2000 at 23:55]

Just my two cents.

The Nephilim might have had a fight with the Seltek and gotten totally beaten back. the Seltek then move a planet Kilrha to block the jump rift (on the notion of jump rifts while there maybe a multitude of rifts only very few actualy go to area 51 (what I'm calling home for are bug fish buddies) and incase of a rebuck the point in secert ops were there put there other hole is very near but not on a rift hence its only openable from confeds side through the usage of the binary sun patern) before the aliens leave they warn the kilrha that they will return a threat to the seltek and possibly to set up a waring factor in that sphere of space causing another race to destroy Kilrha eg the seltek. When Kilrha goes up a sesor relay in area 51 detects that the rift is accesable again and so the the nephilim return. The shift of the planet may explain the planet tectonic activity or just being near casued that problem. This is conjecture but lets remember the seltek have the ability to open jump nodes to allow there vessiles to pass through so maybe it's a vareation of this technology.

Also maybe there is more of the prophercy that mentions a chace at attonement. Also heres a new spin maybe the propercy is on about the viral plague that is being cuased by the alien technology so maybe confed has to open the portal up to get some to find a cure??? Remember the propercy does NOT say the star gods would be the destroyers it said they would return and that the fact there the destroyers is a point of view. Lastly assuming that zero was not on about the Nephilims as he was on about it making him have nightmares when he was young so how could the name be the link when they were just named by confed so WHAT IS THE LINK WITH THE ACENT BIBBLICAL TEXT???????

Oh well thats may two cents if any of this was covered some where in this post just post the page number and I'll find it.

Originally posted by Penguin
By your own admission :) :D

Heh, good one, I forgot about that. I try to put things like that behind me. Anyway, have luck with the intro thingy?

And Dark Tower, perhaps with better spelling it might be easier to understand what you're trying to say.

Originally posted by Penguin
By your own admission :) :D

Heh, good one, I forgot about that. I try to put things like that behind me. Anyway, had luck with the intro thingy?

And Dark Tower, perhaps with better spelling it might be easier to understand what you're trying to say.

Response to Dark Tower's Hypothesis

I don't know squat about the Steltek, but the idea that they moved an entire planet to block the wormhole, though original, I find somewhat hard to believe.
Also if the other wormhole is accessible only from Confed's side then how did the bugs open it in the first place? Also why wasn't it blocked with a planet as well?
The idea that Kilrathi aggression is actually the result of a Nephilim plot to get the Kilrathi into a war with an opposing civilization, with sufficient technology to destroy a planetoid is interesting but far fetched. How could the Nephilim ensure that the Kilrathi would not become uber powerful in their own right & destroy the Nephilim themselves? Alternatively how could they ensure that some opposing force would actually destroy Kilrah? The Terrans' attempt to destroy Kilrah was due to sheer desperation, not standard operating procedure.
As for atonement. the prophecy is like a doomsday warning. It states that the Kilrathi will eventually conflict with the 'star gods.' It doesn't say or hint that the Kilrathi are being punished for something they did.
The prophecy also intends that the 'star gods' would return & try to destroy the Kilrathi - 'quote' "warrior-gods descended from the stars & challenged the warriors of Kilrah to battle." 'endquote'. Also 'quote' "The Cult of Sivar viewed Kilrathi history as heading towards 1 of 2 possible outcomes. The first, Tr'thrak, is a sort of Ragnoarok - a glorious final battle against the star gods where the Kilrathi would find either final victory or eternal honor in death. The second, Kn'thrack, or "void," would occur if the Kilrathi were defeated by unworthy opponents & the star gods returned to annihilate the race without honor." 'endquote'. Hence I think it reasonably safe to assume that the star gods intend to do more than just return...
I believe the link between the Cult of Sivar prophecy & any biblical or otherwise relevant earth based prophecy/legend is that they're all doomsday predictors. The Kilrathi have their Ragnarok ("glorious final battle against the star gods") & we have our armageddon - the final battle between good & evil leading to the eventual apocalypse.

[Edited by Penguin on 11-19-2000 at 21:59]

Wedge009: Sorry, missed your post. No I haven't tried the Prophecy intro thingy - busy puzzling my way through the F 15 manual.

[Edited by Penguin on 11-20-2000 at 19:17]

Just to see if anyone is still reading this thread and to see if this post doesn't destroy the message board.

In response Penguin. First the second rift doesn't intercet cofed space but goes very near it hence they puch through space-time to the rift.

eg

:------------------------------------p
\
c
The : means the a alien controlled area, p indicates the normal point of linkage, the c means confed and the ------ means worm line. The idea is that that it can only be done from confeds end as you can't stop moving to bulid a structure to break thru.

If the aleins feared the Kilrati becoming a super race why did they taunt them if we concider the propercy to be semi acurate in that respect, why didn't they just enslave them all???

Or did they????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back