What is the book Secrets of the Wing Commander Universe?

A thick book that went on auction on eBay a while ago, and for which I am ripping the hair off my head for not bidding on it... :mad::mad:

It's an unofficial guide to WC1/addons/2/addons/Privateer/Academy... has some neat artwork, and is very well written.

Has some very non-canon WC history in it, though <G>

Describe this "non-canon history" if you could, LOAF.

It's hardly my place to elaborate on *non*-histories <G>

But it had lots of stuff that just doesn't jive with the rest of WC... the founding of Confed, colonizing of the solar system, Jedora Andropolos (1) being a woman... stuff like that.

Originally posted by akashra
mpanty, what's worse? Not bidding on it, or being outbid in the last two minutes of the auction?
Not bidding...
If you get outbid in the last minute, it's very frustrating, but at least you've tried...

I think I actually saw that book in a local used bookstore a while back. Didn't get it though becuase I was in Wing COmmander slump back then and wasn't interested. I've seen there a couple times since, maybe I should look again, see if it is still there. Might be neat to pick up.

Kindda reminds me of...

You know that WC3 official combat guide, the one with the behind the scenes CD-ROM?

I was hoping to find it and somewhere in May 2000 I located it in EAStore. As my dad was in the States at that time, I ordered that book as well other EA items (Ultima Collection, Ultima 9 Music CD)... and a month later when my dad came back... I was darned surprised to find the Ultimate Wing Commander III guide/strategy.

I'm not so sure what went wrong... I ordered a book which I thought was EA made, but instead I got a fan made combat book (which was pretty cool) with no CD-ROM.

Duh.

:mad:
:(

:cool:

I've got that one (The secrets of the WC universe), it was written by Mark Minsai. A lot of it definitely doesn't fit in with the rest of the WC universe, but it's very cool. I modified some of the pictures for my fanfics. (and yes my prime purpose anywhere on this board is promoting the hell out of those things) . It had really cool mission layouts for the first games.

Back