What is everyone's favourite fighter

Excalibur

Spaceman
Can I just find out what everyone's favourite fighter is? I think that the Panther II and Vampire II have to be two of my favourites. (I love the weapons on the Panther II and the Vampire II is just such a class fighter!) But I think that my favourite fighter of all time, has to be the Excalibur! What is your favourite fighter of all time?

Er, if by Panther II and Vampire II you mean the Secret Ops fighters, they're just Black Ops variants of the standard Panther and Vampire we see in WC:p. Calling them Panther II and Vampire II implies entirely new classes of fighters with the names Panther and Vampire.

As for my favorite fighter, I'd have to vote for the Excalibur as well. Close runners-up are the Thunderbolt and the Vindicator, though.

Best, Raptor

Hi,

For me, it would have to be Excals. They had just the right mix of firepower and agility. The Bearcat was fun, but I wanted more firepower.

My other favourite would be the Vin. Not quite as agile, but you didn't want to get in front of it when a decent pilot is flying it.

Regs

My favourite fighter in terms of which one was the most likeable (not necessarily the best) it'd be the Rapier from WC2, closely followed by the Raptor and the Vindicator.
My favourite fighter when regarding both likeability (does this word exist?) and combat worthness I choose the Dragon.

I would have to say a tie for me between the Dragon and the Excalibur, with either one you could usually tear up anything thrown at you.

The Rapier, 'cause it is the most famous fighter in the whole universe... and the Excalibur, because it is pretty useful...

The bearcat, a pure dog fighter, powerful weapons, auto-tracking guns, strong shields, solid missile load, resonably fast, and it can do shelton slide, allowing some fancy manoevers, good aesthetics as well!!!

Originally posted by NoRemorse
The Rapier, 'cause it is the most famous fighter in the whole universe... and the Excalibur, because it is pretty useful...

Er, why would the Rapier be the most famous? The Excalibur is, after all, the fighter that won us the war. And as for as notoriety goes, the Dragon would probably top the list.

Best, Raptor

The dragon is remembered for all the wrong reasons though, thanx to the Black Lance

well, for me...

Id say my all time fav would be the WC3 excalibur. :cool:
other favs = Vampire, Rapier I, Panther, and a few others that i cant think of right at this very minuite...

Overall I would have to say the dragon for sure! But next in line would be the excalibur but there is still a decent size gap between the 2 for me.

Originally posted by Oggy
The dragon is remembered for all the wrong reasons though, thanx to the Black Lance

Which is why I said it would top the list as far as notoriety goes. :) Like it or not, the Dragon is irrevocably linked to the Black Lance, making one of the more infamous fighters of all time.

Best, Raptor

The Dragon was very advanced in terms of technology, i'd have thought that it might have made a guest apperance in WC:p or at least its technology might have, (man I loved the fission cannon!!!:D)

The Wasp was one of my favorites. The booster pack and swarmers made for a great amount of fun. But, the overall all-time favorite award (mine aways) has to go to (drum roll) THE RAPTOR!! That ship kicked some major Kilrathi butt. It was reletevily fast, had all right maneuverbility, and had one hell of an arsenal.:)

Damn! I forgot about the wasp, thats pretty cool as an interceptor, another dogfighter, the swarmers were cool, ok so the bugs can dodge one or two missiles, but are they good enough to dodge eight? i think not!!!:D !!!

I have to go with the good old sturdy Vindicator good for anything, I hated how in WCp they were so happy that the fighters had now become specialized, I like multirole ships. My #2 is the Dragon

My favorites are the Raptor and Broadsword... I like the Vindicator a lot too, but not as much as those other two.

--Eder

Back