What is everyone's favourite fighter

Its a same that WCP didn't have any multiplay functions. I think that would of made it complete. So maybe the next game could be one where you could pick any fighter or bomber and fight! Or that should be an extra feature. Then we can real see which fighter is the best!!:D

The only thing that i like on the Dragon is how it looks, but that doesn't makes the ship better. The weapons were as bit off-centered and the fission gun is crap.

A fighter is only as good as it's pilot. I'm sure I could vaporize both your asses in a Thunderbolt, no matter what you're flying. :)

Anyone who thinks the Fission Gun is crap apparently can't hit a captial ship. :p

I think I'm a pretty fair pilot. I can hold my own in X-Wing Alliance and FS2. Still, my best gaming is usually from FPS games.

Originally posted by LeHah

Anyone who thinks the Fission Gun is crap apparently can't hit a captial ship. :p

I thought of fighters. Try to hit a maneuvering Bearcat at full speed with it.

Hum, sounds like a chatter to me. If there was only a way to find out. But there is none. Actually there is but I can't do it until I get my computer upgraded. If you have StarLancer, we could use that. Its the closest space sim to Wing Commander that I have found. Partly because it was made by the same people. Anyone else got it?

You have to time the Fission Cannon to hit a fighter. I guess some people can and some can't. It does take some skill and paitence.

There is a way Excal. It's called Armada. And I've held my own and been knocked around. I'm not perfect, but I do have something to back myself up with.

Now lets move on. This is getting you nowhere...

I would like to have Starlancer too. But I have an AMD K6-2 500. The game would be really jerky here.

I'm the same in StarLancer. I've only managed to play it once on the internet as my computer keeps playing up, but the people that I played are ether new to spacesims, or can't play. But accouding to some of their profiles, they were some decent players amount the few that I played. And guess what. To me, they were nothing. There was not a spot of damage on my ship once I had finished with all of them so I think that I'm a player too. And I owe it all to the Wing Commander series. And a few X-Wing games, but mainly to Wing Commander. Plus, I would play you at Armada, but the problem is, I don't have it. I have never seen a copy in the UK or anywhere for that matter.

Originally posted by Lynx
I would like to have Starlancer too. But I have an AMD K6-2 500. The game would be really jerky here.
You must have one gimpy K6-2. It runs great on my Celeron 366/Creative Banshee.

You have to time the Fission Cannon to hit a fighter. I guess some people can and some can't. It does take some skill and paitence.

Just as one can paint a wall with a toothbrush. It does take some skill and patience, but it's rather pointless as there are much better tools to do the job. :) In the time it takes to charge up the cannon, wait for the right time to hit a fighter, and then release, a fighter with a decent set of main guns will already have shredded its target. That's especially true with auto-tracking guns.

Best, Raptor

I've never really believed in auto-tracking guns. And I certainly don't remember them being very effective other than in the Excalibur where the guns tracked ridiculously fast. I haven't played WC4 for a long time, but I can't remember noticing auto-tracking in the Bearcat nor the Lance/Dragon.

To me, the auto-tracking guns actually impaired my aiming ability. Is there any way of switching them off? I never could do that.

I think I'm a pretty fair pilot. I can hold my own in X-Wing Alliance and FS2. Still, my best gaming is usually from FPS games.

I had a series Quake addiction when I first came here - and I mean the original, which I somehow managed to avoid playing for the first five years of its release. :) My only regret is the lack of any appreciative WC themed mods :(

I think that the smart-targeting on the Excalibur was great. It never failed me. But sometimes it did get a little anyouying so I turned it off. Also, if I want to target and take out turrets in WC3 and WC4 then I definatly turn it off as it never aims at what you want it to.

Originally posted by s-Wulf
To me, the auto-tracking guns actually impaired my aiming ability. Is there any way of switching them off? I never could do that.
Ctrl-A. Useful for targeting turrets.

Back