What is everyone's favourite fighter

The banshee is the best light fighter ever built. Every single part of it rocks!!! You MUST love it!!!!!!!!!:D

Originally posted by Lynx
I have a question: Was the Razor fighter (WC4) in use of the Confed or BW in the past, or is it only a pirate fighter? A game where u can fly it would bee cool.

Is it just me, or does the Razor look a little like the Ferret from WCII???

Ahh, you've got to be joking :D, they look the same!!! I am sure, maybe confed sold all the ferrets off and the pirates bought 'em

Fave fighter from WC- Raptor, because for a heavy fighter, it was fast and you could fire full salvos so quickly.

WC2- Epees, in the hands of a true artist, it cannot perish; SO1-2- Morning Star

WC3- Excalibur

WC4- Dragon, hands down. I must say that it is a perfect symbol of "The Thing That Should Not Be", by Metallica. It's fission cannons rival the firepower of anti-matter weaponry on cap-ships, unlimited cloak, very good handling, and the powerplant just rocked!

But now...my big What The F*** Award goes to WC:p for the reason why the revolutionary matter/antimatter powerplants that the Dragon had were not standard on every ship, and the abscence of the Dragon in the first place. I'm sure there were plenty of Dragons left over after Black Lance's whistle was blown; I would re-fit those mother****ers to keep up with growing technology and assign them as a kind of "special forces".

Ah well, I can understand trying to have some challenge in the game by sticking to the fuel-burning stuff...but I can give my personal guarantee that we would use the M/AM engines as standard for real.

Well, I think that the Black Lance still exist in WCP. Depending on what ending you get in WC4, they say that confed is using the Black Lance for certain missions. Thats if you get the wrong, bad ending.
Any way, I think that the Excalibur completely out matches the Dragon, and you may disagree with that, however, you can not disagree that the Vampire is better then the Dragon. The Vampire is much better. And I know a trick that you can use to make the Vampire have unlimited After Burner fuel like the Dragon. No cheating involved.

Originally posted by Oggy
Is it just me, or does the Razor look a little like the Ferret from WCII???

It's just you... although both are great looking designs, IMO. :)

--Eder

I think that is the one that you are meant to end up with. It makes more sence because in WCP, Blair is a comodor, I'm not sure how you are ment to spell it, and if you get the instructor ending, then it makes more sence as he is still a colonel and he later gets promoted. But, if you get the other ending then he is an admiral. There are two things wrong with that. He is a higher rank then comodor at that point so unless he does something bad, I can't see how he got there. And admiral is a Naval Rank, not a Space Forces rank, so he switched forces.

The official ending is the instructor one, no matter how much you hate it, sorry! ;)

--Eder

I thought that ending where he got Admiral was weird; I doubt he would have chosen a pencil-pushing job anyway.

Originally posted by Excalibur
(...) And admiral is a Naval Rank, not a Space Forces rank, so he switched forces.

So is Commodore. :)
And according to the WC4 novel, Blair is promoted to Brigadier General after WC4 which equals Commodore but I forgot how the novel ending (where Blair takes over Confed fleet in the Border Worlds) ties in with the game (flight instructor). The WCP guide states too that Blair has become a flight instructor after WC4.

I agree with Oggy that the Razor look a bit like the Ferret.

I disagree that the Excalibur and the Vampire outclass the Dragon.

And I disagree that every part of the Banshee rocks. Though I like, I found her weapons placing to be not optimal.

Originally posted by Wulf
But now...my big What The F*** Award goes to WC:p for the reason why the revolutionary matter/antimatter powerplants that the Dragon had were not standard on every ship, and the abscence of the Dragon in the first place. I'm sure there were plenty of Dragons left over after Black Lance's whistle was blown; I would re-fit those mother****ers to keep up with growing technology and assign them as a kind of "special forces".

Actually, there weren't all that many Dragons. According to the novel, the Black Lance had four squadrons of them in all. One was caputured by the Border Worlders, one was destroyed when the Border Worlders nuked a facility in Speradon, and two were on the Vesuvius. That would have left very few if any Dragons in Confed hands after the whole fiasco was over. Couple that with the fact that the Dragons would always be linked in the public mind with the Black Lance, and I can see why Confed wouldn't build any more of them.

PS: Going back a long way, while the Black Lance were acting in total violation of Confed laws and values, they were an arm of Confed Black Ops at the time, albeit a renegade one. That means the Dragons were Confed fighters, and fission cannons were Confed special weapons. :p

Best, Raptor

"We did it before and we can do it again..." Ahem.

WC1: Rapier and Raptor. Depending on objectives.
WC2: Broadsword and Sabre. Morningstar in SO2.
WC3: Thunderbolt, then Excalibur.
WC4: Avenger, then Lance/Dragon. Rapid-fire lasers are for people who can't shoot. ;)
WCP/SO: Vampire. I'd take it over the Lance/Dragon, especially in the 2680s. Although the Black variant's pulse particles annoy me.

Thanks for the info, Raptor. I haven't got to the WC4 novel just yet! But that still leaves the unanswered question as to why all ships didn't have powerplants like the Dragon (besides the challenge element in the games).

Back