What is everyone's favourite fighter

Originally posted by Raptor
As the Panther/Vampire, the British did have an old system of of designating differant variants with Roman numerals (i.e Spitfire I, Spitfire V, Spitfire IX.) However, Confed uses the American designation system of letters for variants, and Roman numerals for differant fighter classes that have the same name.

I'll go with this.

As for the Banshee (going back a bit), sure Dumbfires could kill a capship, but then you're left with no anti-fighter missiles. With the Vin, you have anti-ship and anti-fighter weapons at the same time, which really helps when you have to clear multiple waypoints.

It doesn't really matter if you have missiles left. In most missions guns are enough to kill the enemy fighters, it only takes longer. Scattercannon and leech cannon help a lot.

I think I agree with Lynx. Most of time, I use guns to take out enermy fighters. I only use missiles on them if I really need to.

Originally posted by Lynx

Hey!!:mad:

I think the Banshee is better. It has same shields (250/250 i think) it is faster, more maneuverable and can pack more missiles. This fighter armed with dumbfires is every capships nightmare. U don't need torpedoes to destroy a cap ship.

But a fighter with 4 lasers !!!, 4 lasers as main guns !!!.
Can be that the Banshee is a training fighter ?

That's how it ended up... but the original may have been a 3-man patrol ship that was heavily converted.

Originally posted by Excalibur
I think I agree with Lynx. Most of time, I use guns to take out enermy fighters. I only use missiles on them if I really need to.

Missiles are real life savers on the tougher missions of WC4, especially on the crazy/nightmare levels. Even if you don't use them, it's always better to have them for when you're getting swamped.

Best, Raptor

It many only have 4 lasers as main guns, but the 4X2 missile hardpoints and its Leech Gun and Scatter Gun are really useful.

Missiles are real life savers on the tougher missions of WC4, especially on the crazy/nightmare levels. Even if you don't use them, it's always better to have them for when you're getting swamped.

I totally agree with this.

Originally posted by Excalibur
It many only have 4 lasers as main guns, but the 4X2 missile hardpoints and its Leech Gun and Scatter Gun are really useful.

Thats what i liked about the border worlds ships, they had all these special weapons that added versatility to the fighters, confed only had its crappy laser camera fitted to hellcats

Yeah, but the fact that you couldn't fire the special weapons together with your main weapons reduced their effectiveness somewhat. I would have loved to chain-link the Vindicator's stormfires to the lasers and tachyons.

PS: As for Confed having wimpy special weapons on their fighters....fission cannon, anyone?

Best, Raptor

I would have loved to chain-link the Vindicator's stormfires to the lasers and tachyons.
I did that once. Well kind of. I was flying on of the missions where you have to into the atmoshphere to save some civs, and I was playing around with my guns and then and held down the trigger and I had my Tachyon gun firing with the Stormfire. But when I let go of the trigger, it went back to the Laser and Tachyon gun. But it was really deadly, believe me!

Oh and one more thing. Dragons are not Confederation fighters. They may be made by Confed, but they are not classed as Confederation fighters.

PS: As for Confed having wimpy special weapons on their fighters....fission cannon, anyone?

Best, Raptor

technically that weapon was the Black lances, which as you recall was a secret organisation within confed, and not actually part of confed

Originally posted by Ghost

But the banshee is fun!!!! It rocks!!!

I prefer rapid firing weapons over those with long refire delay. Dump some energy to the lasers and they fire forever.

Originally posted by Ghost

Training fighters dont have scatter guns!!!! hehe :D

I have a question: Was the Razor fighter (WC4) in use of the Confed or BW in the past, or is it only a pirate fighter? A game where u can fly it would bee cool.

Back