What is everyone's favourite fighter

Just jumping back a little here to what Raptor said, the Panthers and Vampires in Secret Ops, could be called Panther IIs and Vampire IIs because some people see them as Mark II models. Updates of the ones that are used in WC.P. But apart from that I can see why you could refer to them as Black Panther and Black Vampire. Any way. I think that some of my other favourites are the Bearcat and Dragon. But I'm not really big the Dragon. I think that the main reason why most people like the Dragon is because it has a limitless use cloaking device. Which I must admit is cool, but its not that good in WC4 because when you come to fight other Dragons they can see you, so it doesn't help much. But the unlimited afterburner fuel is also pretty cool.
I like the Bearcat because its a really good dogfighter. But I don't like the fact that its guns use up all the energy very quickly. But again, apart from that, I like it.

The vampire roxx. If it would be a woman, i would marry her:D

I like the Hellcat V too, and despite too most of you i didn't get to like the vind. I hate it cause I only get killed when I fly it.

Originally posted by Lynx
The vampire roxx. If it would be a woman, i would marry her:D

You would JUST marry her???

Originally posted by Lynx
(...) i didn't get to like the vind. I hate it cause I only get killed when I fly it.

Go back to flight training then. It's called Easy Mode!! ;) j/k

People who see the -S designator craft as 'Mark II' models need to get their eyes checked. The 'II' designation means that whatever is the *second* fighter to bear the name -- meaning a completely unrelated ship. The A-10 Thunderbolt II is in no way realted to the P-47 Thunderbolt and so forth. The SO ships are the "S" variants of the normal fighter -- F-109S Black Vampire, for example.

Originally posted by Zor Prime

Go back to flight training then. It's called Easy Mode!! ;) j/k

Hey!!:mad:

I think the Banshee is better. It has same shields (250/250 i think) it is faster, more maneuverable and can pack more missiles. This fighter armed with dumbfires is every capships nightmare. U don't need torpedoes to destroy a cap ship.

Then what is the deal with the Hellcat V. If it was the the first ship to be called Hellcat, then why add V on the end. Unless it is the Mark V mode of the Hellcat class fighter. The same could be seen with the Thunderbolt VII. All that I'm saying, is that most people say that a class of fighter, that is the same ship design, but with upgraded guns, hardpoints, enchanced speed and manoeuverability, systems, etc. would call it a mark II fighter.

Originally posted by Excalibur
Then what is the deal with the Hellcat V. If it was the the first ship to be called Hellcat, then why add V on the end. Unless it is the Mark V mode of the Hellcat class fighter. The same could be seen with the Thunderbolt VII. All that I'm saying, is that most people say that a class of fighter, that is the same ship design, but with upgraded guns, hardpoints, enchanced speed and manoeuverability, systems, etc. would call it a mark II fighter.

Perhaps the hellcat I-IV were older models, such as WW2 planes and such, or the V was the only one that the military signed to build. Just because we dont see it does not mean that it does not exist.

That is true, but I think, and so do a lot of people, that it more more accurate to place a II, refering to a mark II model, after the ships name or model number if it has as many alterations and enchancements as the Vampire and Panther do.

no, they use letters for that

ie: F-16, F-16c, F-16e, F-18, F/A-18 and so forth

its meant to show minor variations in ship armament and such. a (II) attached to the end of it would mean a radical change in the ship/plane

Originally posted by Excalibur
That is true, but I think, and so do a lot of people, that it more more accurate to place a II, refering to a mark II model, after the ships name or model number if it has as many alterations and enchancements as the Vampire and Panther do.

It's not more accurate, it's confusing. People should stop using expressions like "it would be more accurate to", "it makes sense that" or "it is common sense that" hoping that it will automatically make their point valid.

If there were two variants of the P-47 Thunderbolt (I know there were more, this is an example) and you called them "Thunderbolt I" and "Thunderbolt II" instead of, for instance, P-47C and P-47D, it wouldn't make the least bit of sense to call the A-10 the "Thunderbolt III"... so what would you call the A-10 then?

--Eder

Like I said, Ghost is just plain disturbing, or maybe just plain disturbed. :p

As for the Banshee (going back a bit), sure Dumbfires could kill a capship, but then you're left with no anti-fighter missiles. With the Vin, you have anti-ship and anti-fighter weapons at the same time, which really helps when you have to clear multiple waypoints.

As the Panther/Vampire, the British did have an old system of of designating differant variants with Roman numerals (i.e Spitfire I, Spitfire V, Spitfire IX.) However, Confed uses the American designation system of letters for variants, and Roman numerals for differant fighter classes that have the same name.

Best, Raptor

People should stop using expressions like "it would be more accurate to", "it makes sense that" or "it is common sense that" . . . .

If there were two variants of the P-47 Thunderbolt . . . it wouldn't make the least bit of sense . . . .

Hoist with his own petard.:) (Which only goes to show that the phrases do serve a purpose.)

Well... It's easier when you're just trying to prove something is wrong than when you're trying to prove something is right, which I admit, is unfortunately my case most of the time :)

--Eder

Back