What Instrument Does Everyone Play?

Needaham45

Spaceman
I'm a super band geek, so it figures after seeing the sports thread I would do something like this.

How many of you out there play a musical instrument? Which one/s? It doesn't have to be a band instrument - any type of instrument at all (yes... carot flutes are included... no... skin flutes and the other jokes people are gonna come up with aren't) :p

I play piano, clarinet, alto sax, and soprano sax. I also play tenor sax and flute very poorly. I sing, and I arrange and compose (told you I was a super band geek). If anyone wants to check out some of my stuff, go to http://www.needaham.homestead.com/midis.html. There's a lot there.

I was always good at the humble recorder in primary school. :)

I used to play the keyboard (and piano to some extent), but got discouraged when my teacher turned it into a chore. I wanted to play for myself, not practice endlessly for stupid examinations. :(

Oh, and air drums, I love playing air drums. :) Real drums too, when I get a chance.

I play the guitar, both accoustic and electric. I also used to play the piano, my mother had asperations of making me the next Yanni(sp?)

I would like to say I am a proficient Boner. That is Tromboner. Or would that be Trombonist? Who knows, or cares for that matter? I've also been tearing it up on the guitar for about 5 or 6 years.

At least you can put together a band. Around here, everyone's really busy, and no one can play. On top of that, no one my age would be caught dead playing the music I'd want them to play. Looks like my backup band will always be my trusty MIDI Keyboard...

... that is until I get a multi-million dollar record deal... but hey... I've got a little while before that happens :p

Acoustic guitar since christmas, which is a Yamaha F340, its cheap, its crap, but goddamn it still plays!

Electric guitar since like.. june 9 (day before my birthday) its an Intex, basicly its a taiwan made Fender Phat Strat. But hey, it can rip out solos like no other, yesterday i was making a solo for one of my songs for english class but i ended up playing til my ring finger bled. now im looking for super glue :(

I'm also looking at Epiphone Les Pauls or SG's. They play quite nicely withought the price of a fkin gibson

What instruments hmm? Well here goes:

Flute, piccolo, fife, Irish Penny whistle, ocarina, French Horn, Mellophone, Trumpet, drums, percussion.

I can play keyboard and piano by ear (no actual training), and I'm trying to teach myself violin. Oh and I can sing LOL

Originally posted by RATM

I'm also looking at Epiphone Les Pauls or SG's. They play quite nicely withought the price of a fkin gibson
You might save yourself some cash, but they feedback like no other.

You might save yourself some cash, but they feedback like no other.

...true, but that can easily be fixed with a little ingenuity. All it takes is a couple hundred $ max, even compacted on top the guitar's original price, it doesn't compare to what you'd be paying for a real-deal Gibson.

Guitar is one instrument I'd really like to learn... I just don't have much time to learn it. If I could learn guitar though, then I could drop the MIDI and play everything when I make a recording... guitar is virtually the only instrument I use in my original solo stuff that I can't play.

French horn, fluent in maybe 4-5 keys (almost an intricate story, and it's all the renaissance-muppets' fault for not introducing those key-things right away). Thus, I might also consider saying that I can play a trumpet. Not that I'd be good at it, but I can theoretically play it. Reading the sheet-music takes a helluva detour, though.
I can also poke a piano and make a recognizable piece come through. Sort of. :D If I only need to hit a maximum of three keys at a time. I once played some sort of flute, too.

Um... I sing. Been singing since I was 12. Which means I've been singing for 10 years. Whoohoo.

I was learning guitar at one point, and I can kind of plunk my way through a piano, but I entered a depression in my life and I stopped practicing. I'd like to pick them up again though.

Back