What I would do for a WC1 and WC2 Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your infinite arrogance
silly bullshit
I think the rest of us are tired of your endlessly self-indulgent masturbation.

Hey people, take it easy. Concordia is a lady, where's the chivalry? If you disagree with her, fine, but be civil.

Of all people, even a freaking moderator of 2 boards of the CIC is out of line here. He should know better.

You know that I will return fired when flamed, but I haven't seen Concordia being disrespectful to anyone so far. Either way, she deserves extra respect for being a woman. Call me old-fashioned, but that's just me.

I'm not endorsing her opinions about WC. If you disagree, keep in mind that you have to do so with a little courtesy and civility.

She's talking about her view of the WC universe, about what she would do in a mod, her ideas about the universe. This is the fan editing forum. In this context, her points are valid.

Originally posted by Delance
You know that I will return fired when flamed, but I haven't seen Concordia being disrespectful to anyone so far. Either way, she deserves extra respect for being a woman. Call me old-fashioned, but that's just me.
Call me insensitive or call me feminist, depending on your point of view, but I'm not about to start treating Concordia as if being female somehow made her special or inferior to me (which, though you don't say it, and maybe you don't even think it, is nonetheless implicit in your post - she's a girl, she can't take this).

As for calling her arrogant, I think I'm pretty much justified. She didn't just post here to voice her opinion - she posted here to get feedback (had she not wanted feedback, she would have kept her opinion to herself, right?). We have her feedback, and plenty of it. She essentially ignored every point we made. We're all wrong because we don't agree with her. That's arrogance on her part. In saying that, I am not flaming her. Indeed, I'd welcome the opportunity to continue this debate in a more respectful manner - if she had any respect for our opinions.

Originally posted by Quarto
Call me insensitive or call me feminist, depending on your point of view, but I'm not about to start treating Concordia as if being female somehow made her special or inferior to me (which, though you don't say it, and maybe you don't even think it, is nonetheless implicit in your post - she's a girl, she can't take this).

When someone claims men should respect women, they are not implying they are inferior in any way. It's a matter of chivalry.

Now, I didn't see Concordia calling anyone anything. I she did that, I'm sorry that I didn't notice. But as far as I know this is a about a bunch of men being rude towards a woman simply defending her point of view. As an outside observer of this debate, I can say it isn’t a nice thing.

This is the Fan Projects forum. The topic is about what she would change on WC1 and WC2 in a mod. She has every right to defend her views and ideas in this context.

I'd written out this whole long post about how Delance shouldn't try to moderate things, how dreddnott shouldn't write a post where effectively half the text is an attempt at an insult, and how Quarto has managed to effectively walk the sarcastic debating line without falling into blatantly insulting people but I got annoyed with the amount of explaining I needed to do to make various distinctions

So here we go with a quick breakdown in point form:
  • Leave moderating to the moderators, don't hijack threads by telling people how they should or shouldn't act
  • You don't have to read a thread. If you don't like it, don't read it.
  • Don't post merely to insult people
  • As long as you keep it to a minimum and as a direct reaction to various points, making comments such as calling something 'arrogant', 'idiotic', 'stupid' or the like will probably be let go. It's part of internet based discussion, and we're all big boys and girls.
  • Please, people, actually listen to the opposing side of a debate so you aren't just sitting there screaming things at each other

If you have comments, mail them to me at the address below or to chatzone@wcnews.com

If the thread isn't back on to the original topic with the next post, I'll just close it.

Thank You,
TC

Delance, your point of view is subjective to your prior knowledge of Concordia's gender, which is wholly irrelevant to the point at hand (even if you count my comment regarding autoerotic stimulation).

What we have here is a case of stiff-necked bull-headedness, and Eder wisely avoided this situation by making a "last post" to the thread. Commendable.

I'm outta here - I suppose I don't really see any threat from Concordia's posts...

Yeah, that's some nice actually reading the moderator's warning post there...

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back