What Happened to the dragon

Loco337

Spaceman
The dragon should still be a viable Fighter in WCP but it has disapeared. I would love to have the ablity to cloak and miss heavy fighters with a good torp loadout. I dont see why they would have scraped it seeing how it was such a great leap in technology so what happened to them?

The technology used on the Dragon, most of all its power plant that gave unlimited power to afterburners and guns, was too expensive for mass production. The Dragon itself in the end would be absurdly expensive per unit

Another big thing is that the Dragon became somewhat of a symbol of the evil within, which Confed didnt want to keep around so that people remembered their best officer had caused such attrocities for the good of humanity, and no one noticed

On a last note, cloacking do exist in ships in wcp. there is a cutscene that was cut off in which, I believe Maestro, says the Nephilim seem to be able to see thru their cloaking. the scene was taken out because Stilleto said "shit" or something like that

Also, if we had the Dragon in WCP/SO it would make the Nephilim ridiculously easyer then they were to kill regarless to having the advantage of a its cloak or not.

The best part about the Dragon was that it cost more than a medium capital ship.

Kalfor said:
On a last note, cloacking do exist in ships in wcp. there is a cutscene that was cut off in which, I believe Maestro, says the Nephilim seem to be able to see thru their cloaking. the scene was taken out because Stilleto said "shit" or something like that
No... "shit" is hardly a controversial word, and it's appeared in practically every WC game. The reason why the scene was cut out was because cloaking had been cut out, and the scene would no longer make any sense.

Reason why there's no Dragons in ConFleet, besides the high price tag?

Politics and public image. Having a fighter that was responsible for many terrorist raids, genocide at Telemon, and SPECIFICALLY designed for use with said terrorist organization Black Lance, in regular ConFleet service is bad. You are committing political suicide.

Why this didn't happen with the Vesuvius-class? At least with the Vesuvius-class, the St. Helens had a legitimate role in the ending of the Black Lance conflict.

IPhoenixI said:
Also, if we had the Dragon in WCP/SO it would make the Nephilim ridiculously easyer then they were to kill regarless to having the advantage of a its cloak or not.
Not necessarily. The Dragon in Prophecy wouldn't be this wonderful superfighter any longer. Granted, it has shields more powerful than a Devastator and armor as thick as a Shrike, but manueverability only on par with the smaller bomber. I don't know about you, but when I want to go against some bugs, I like something underneath me that has some moves. Whats the old addage? "You can't hit what you can't catch (especially with Fission cannons :D)?" Ok, so I added the last part.
In addition, the Dragon is huge compared to prophecy fighters (bigger than the Devastator), equivalently putting a very large bulls-eye on your back in a furball (remember cloaks don't work against the Nephilim).
I think pound for pound, and probably dollar for dollar (I'd take a couple dozen Vamps over one dragon anyday of the week), the Prophecy fighters are more superior to the dragon.

C-ya

I love the big fighters. Its manuverablity was ok and its speed was good. Pluss i loved the Fission Guns. They just seem superior to to the charging mass and i love snipeing targets. Its normal damage salvo was good with 2 plas and two tachs and as i said it was packing torps and 10 missiles. Yes i was also a fan of the t-bolt.

If one paid attention to the WC4 novel, the Dragon had a pair of tachyons and fusion guns (instead of plasma). I understand this was the intended weaponry of the Dragon, but was cut early on in the game.

I got the game it has plasma ive even got the hint book that says it has plasma. The fusions were the scondary that made its wings lock down.

I said according to the WC4 novel, I did not refer to the game.

Also, fission and fusion are two different methods of nuclear power, if one would recall his science classes. It pays to stay in school.

Sorry screwed up the second time looking a your post. It is a Fission gun, and i am quite aware of the differance between fission and fusion.

man i loved the dragon, the manuverabilty wasnt great thats a given, but it was still equivilent to a medium fighter, plus its armour and sheilds as u have stated, the auto tracking weapons are even better 3 burts into a vamp, or into its general direction, no more vamp.

though a couple of dozen of vamps would cut to peices even 3 or 4 dragons, though im sure with cloaking and there weapons it would certainly hurt them significanty.....cloacking may not affect the nephelium but it sure works well against other terrans.

i rekon if they took the unlimited afterburners out that ud still have an awsome ship the speed is beautiful and it turns better then a ship half its size. and attach 2 torps to it and uve dusted your medium cap ship.

they could downgrade it liek they did the excaliber though make it more "price tag" freindly

Lord_Nathrakh said:
they could downgrade it liek they did the excaliber though make it more "price tag" freindly

All the expensive toys were what gave the Dragon its performance. There's also the non-hardware costs, which psych mentioned, upthread. The public relations cost of using fighters that were designed for the specific purpose of covertly deploying terror weapons is way too high. Funding equipment with a public perception of being for terrorism is a fast way for a senator to become an ex-senator.

And on a related note, the reason the Vesuvius class avoided the bad rep of the Dragon was because it was designed as a conventional service carrier (albeit a big one) for regular ConFleet service, that just happened to be used by Project forces. I mean, the Concordia class isn't condemned because Tolwyn's people used the Princeton (IIRC on the Speradon ConFleet carrier name, don't have WC4N handy at the moment), right?

Yup, the TCS Princeton, CV-48 (G)

(Project forces didn't really operate off the Princeton for a very long time, though -- they started off on the Lexington, and used it as their platform until Blair disabled her...)

I still don't believe the WC3-4 fighters are that big. If they are how come an Excal looks smaller than a Vamp?

Since the Vamp is bigger in game that must mean one sive stat is wrong.

Making a comparison I'd put the Excal at 16-18 metres long, or the Vamp at 28-34 metres long.

So that would make the Dragon 20 metres, not so big.

Well the official length for the dragon is 40 meters and the excaliber is 32, but what you said about cross game stats being wrong i would have to agree with you. The Tiger claw which was suposidly made after the victory only had 25cm of armor while even an arrow has 80 cm so there is some crossover problems

Back