What happened to Blair? (spoilers within)

At the end of Prophecy as we all know something happens to Blair but what? Reading around on the CIC encyclopedia no remains where found. He was decleared MIA but that does not mean he died.

The basic answer is that there is no answer, it's ambiguous and anything can happen. Secret Ops goes further than "MIA" with a funeral/memorial announcement however: https://www.wcnews.com/articles/sofiction/2_3_d_isdn.html

Commodore Blair memorial announced

After the TCS Midway's return home and the revelation that the Hero of the Confederation Commodore Christopher "Heart of the Tiger" Blair had been lost in the final battle with the aliens, an announcement regarding the memorial service has been made. A major ceremony will be held on Sol and Nephele Prime. An announcement is expected regarding the Nephelese council's establishment of Comm. Blair's farm as a historical site.

Among the requested performers and speakers, tHE lOVEaNIMALS (noted as the Commodore's favorite musical group) will perform. Also expected to be present are Saranya Carr (noted for her portrayal of "Luna Jones, Jumpscout" in the late 50's and a guest aboard Blair's first ship the TCS Tiger's Claw), Senator James Taggart, Capt. Daniel Wilford, Maj. Todd Marshall and others.

Flat-Scan and Holo-vid broadcasts will be available, with sectors outside the initial delay zone receiving packet transmission at the highest non-essential priority delivery status.

Commodore Blair's remains were not recovered, and he is not survived by any immediate relatives.

ISDN will bring you extended coverage of the service and a brief retrospective of this hero's astounding life, without which we might all have succumbed to the menace of two alien threats, and one civil war.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to quote the ISDN article for Episode 1, which precedes the article that Chris quoted earlier (from Episode 2)...

A hushed crowd listened carefully as they heard the news that Commodore Christopher Blair, the Heart of the Tiger, the Hero of Kilrah, is now missing, presumed dead. As a somber Governor Cavazos delivered this news, the Midway's Air Group Commander Patricia Drake made her way to the podium to give her speech. What follows are excerpts released to the general news service, for a complete transcript please note above reference:

"Thank you, Governor. I'm not one for speeches. I've given one too many as of late. Briefing after briefing, squad after squad. Each time I laid out our plans to the group and stared at the faces sitting in each of the sparkling leather chairs, the thought went through my head that some of my pilots were as fresh as the ship they served on. The second thought that stayed in my head was how many of those faces I'd never see again.

Our victory, as with all military victories, came with a price. That price was paid in the blood of our pilots, marines, and civilians caught in the crossfire. That price was paid with our innocence and our renewed false belief that we reigned supreme over the galaxy. Fortunately, we have staved off the forces that threatened our freedom, our lives. Unfortunately, we have yet again been taught the terrible lesson that we may never rest, never stop building defenses and offenses, that the Universe will never be a safe place. The best we can hope for are times like these, when peace and joy take a minute to steal our focus away from the terrors that threaten us from every unexplored dark corner.

This welcome home is much appreciated, however I wish Commodore Blair, Colonel Jacob Manley, Lt. Jack Slayton, and the thousands who have lost their lives could be here to join us for this grand gesture.

I don't care what kind of drink you have in your hand right now, but take the time to raise your glass, and silently drink to the memories of lost heroes. Thank you, and here's to peace stealing our focus for a longer time."

'Presumed dead' is pretty definitive for what they're assuming in-game. Out of game, as LOAF and everyone else has stated, there were no set plans when they did the initial script.

Back