What games at E3 are you most excited about?

I was also wondering about this, now that I have WC3 PSX.

The PS3 demo was last night - they say it will be backwards compatible with PSX and PS2 games!

I hope those games come out for PC too.

Legacy will... Tactical Assault is a handheld game (for the PSP and DS).

Da Surveyor Dude said:
spore

its the new game from sims developer will wright, who is the creative head of all those sims games u know. simearth, simcity, sim....
in this game u start as a one celled organism, which has to fight its way until it developes into a bigger more celled creature. u play more and more till your species gets out of the water, and on land u try to survive against other carnivores. then u find a female creature, and make babies.

Spore sounds to me like it's doing so much that it won't be fun to micromanage everything. I'd much rather have a new Sim Tower, Sim Ant or Sim City 5.

Confed said:
I was also wondering about this, now that I have WC3 PSX.

PS3 press conference was last night: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149470.html
Nintendo one is in progress right now: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149663
And Microsoft one will be this afternoon.

The Nintendo conference seems to have been pretty lame - no price, no release date, no Pokemon.

Did Nintendo confirm that the Wii's retro-download-ROM library will have NeoGeo and TurboGrafix 16 games? Someone mentioned that to me and it seems more like internet fanboyism than anything else.

Doesn't look like they mentioned the old games concept at all.

To me it seems like they've backed off more and more about what will actually be available with that feature since it was announced -- but the internet has been making up more and more elaborate stories to believe alongside it. Apparently it's going to run every game in the world and magically translate ones that weren't released in English now...

I loved nintendo's conference. 4th Quarter for date and less than a Xbox360 for price were enough news for me. Lots of really great games appeared in the video.
Granted, the conference was a lot cooler if you caught it on streaming video. Just reading about it would be boring. Less boring than sony's appalling show yesterday, eugh, 600 bucks.
Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Zelda and the 3 new IPs are looking pretty good too.

And Chris, Red Steel is more of an über-FPS than just a light gun game. You have full control of movement, morethan in any other console FPS before. Granted, you point and shoot with the wii freehand controller, but you also do a hell lot of stuff that's not present in time crisis and company.

And there are many new DS games already on nintendo's site. Including a western version of Ouendan, Starfox DS, Air, a lot of new things.

MS just did a good show too, Halo 3 (ooooooooh, surprise! :)), Gears of War and GTA4 on the 360, Shadowrun and Crysis for the PC...

Now we have to wait the news from the showfloor.

Loaf, there are a couple of confirmed consoles on the Wii's Virtual Console, like TurboGrafix and Mega Drive/Genesis. I'd say that WCSNES depends on what kind of deal Nintendo ties up with EA, it's that simple.

ChrisReid said:
Spore sounds to me like it's doing so much that it won't be fun to micromanage everything. I'd much rather have a new Sim Tower, Sim Ant or Sim City 5.

Well the original title for Spore was to be "Sim Everything". ^_^

I loved nintendo's conference. 4th Quarter for date and less than a Xbox360 for price were enough news for me.

Those were both already givens, though. The big question is and has been whether or not it will be dramatically cheaper than $400 Y-Box... and the fact that they didn't announce something stunning (like a $150-$200 'affordable for everyone' sort of a pricepoint) probably isn't good news on that front.

Loaf, there are a couple of confirmed consoles on the Wii's Virtual Console, like TurboGrafix and Mega Drive/Genesis. I'd say that WCSNES depends on what kind of deal Nintendo ties up with EA, it's that simple.

It's "that simple", except that this unknown completely defines the functionality here. It's all well and good to repeat all the consoles it can technically emulate, but it means exactly nothing if there's not some comprehensive library of titles -- which they've explicitly *avoided* talking about - and that worries me somewhat. (And even then we need more details - what is it going to cost me to e-download Super Mario Brothers 2 for the Wii?)

I see one of two things happening with Spore: A) Derek Smart style hype and Derek Smart quality gameplay or B) Egosoft X-Universe game... only not quite the same sort of science fiction. The problem there is that both of the above are rediculously complicated and only one of them doesn't suck. Even if Spore manages to pull off what the X series did, it's still facing the potential to only be fun to those few who stick with it. I've loved X2 so far, but I see exactly why that level of micromanagement scares away so many people.

After having just watched the Halo 3 trailer....I'm going to start saving even my friend's pennies so that I can get a 360 and finish the fight.....

side note...seems Cortana might have gone the way of Durandal and gone rampant in her time with Gravemind...her text in the video is actually quotes from a group of letters sent to Marathon guru Hamish Sinclair that became known as the "Cortana Letters" they were thought to be from Cortana in the future after Halo.

What a great treat...

meisdavidp said:
I see one of two things happening with Spore: A) Derek Smart style hype and Derek Smart quality gameplay or B) Egosoft X-Universe game.

Or, alternately, it could be Will Wright quality gameplay, and Will Wright style straight-up advertisement of what the game can do without needing a PhD.

I'm willing to bet money that I'm closer to the truth than you, even if it's not as trendy to base expectations on past performance as it is to predict suckitude from a position of ignorance.

I am looking for Mass Effect,Resident Evil 5 and I hoping to hear something about a Third Installment in the KOTOR Series but that's just me.

Death said:
Or, alternately, it could be Will Wright quality gameplay, and Will Wright style straight-up advertisement of what the game can do without needing a PhD.

I'm willing to bet money that I'm closer to the truth than you, even if it's not as trendy to base expectations on past performance as it is to predict suckitude from a position of ignorance.

Agreed. Will Wright has an excellent reputation, built on huge successes. People didn't believe that The Sims could work out right before it was released... Nor did most people believe in Sim City. He is NOT Peter Molyneux.

And Loaf, I meant that the inclusion of WC in the virtual console depends on Nintendo striking a good deal with EA. It is a matter of business, more than anything technical. I think that it is quite possible, EA seems to be all buddy with nintendo, praising the freehand controller and all. And they signed up with gametap already.

The price should be 249.00. It makes sense. I can be wrong, though :)

Raptor leader said:
I am looking for Mass Effect,Resident Evil 5 and I hoping to hear something about a Third Installment in the KOTOR Series but that's just me.
KOTOR is definitely in the works just probably not this E3. I think it's more likely to be the next.

Lt.Death100 said:
KOTOR is definitely in the works just probably not this E3. I think it's more likely to be the next.

As long as they give us a full game this time and not a half-finished one. I loved KOTOR and liked a lot of KOTOR II, but they better let the developer finish the game and not rush it.

Dundradal said:
As long as they give us a full game this time and not a half-finished one. I loved KOTOR and liked a lot of KOTOR II, but they better let the developer finish the game and not rush it.
That's a very common problem unfortunately, and I hope that publishers stop limiting the devs so much.

Dundradal said:

I hope you're familiar with the forthcoming fan patch for KOTOR 2

Back