What games at E3 are you most excited about?

meisdavidp

All your belief cannot absolve your sin.
I'm really looking forward to The Ship and the new Sonic game for PS3. Curious about what everyone else is interested in, though.

Beyond the impossible dream of EA announcing a Wing Commander or Privateer title, I'm most hoping we'll see the next generation of Pokemon games -- Diamond and Pearl for the DS. I'm especially eager to see how backwards compatibility will work on NextGen consoles: can I play WC3 and 4 PSX on the Playstation 3? Will the Wii's retro-library include licensed ports like Wing Commander and The Secret Missions SNES?

I'm also very much looking forward to Bethesda's two Star Trek games, Tactical Assault f or the DS and Legacy for the Y-Box, and I'm cautiously optimistic about Command and Conquer 3 and Rainbow Six: Vegas.

Bungie to drop even a small hint about their next project....and when to expect it...

Assuming it to be Halo 3 might not be correct. Both Marathon Infinity and Myth 3 were produced by companies other than Bungie. There is a precedent in having an outside firm develop the third installment in their franchises (usually compromised of old Bungie staffers). I am still unwilling to throw my vote to one side or the other just yet. They might be getting quite Halo'd out of there with the animated novel coming out soon, another new novel by Eric and the Halo movie all in various stages of production. The Halo franchise has spanned the longest of Bungie's previous series. They are a group of people I really can't see working on the same world for very long. Granted the success of Halo means that Halo 3 will come out at some point, but as to whether it is Bungie's next project is anyone's guess.

What an awful point to try and make.

Back when Microsoft didn't own them, they would let other people make their third itteration of a game? So, now the company that owns them solely to have them make what seems to be the flagship line for X-Box consoles would let them do that? I don't think so.

I would say that if Bungie is working on anything other than the Halo movie its Halo 3. Halo is too big of franchise for Microsoft not to have them create a game for its brand new toy, the y-box. I think Halo 3 is already in the works...whether it is announced at E3 or not is a different matter.

It's good this thread is here, because all the multipurpose gaming sites and forums are overloading right now.

I'm pretty excited to see details on the next main consoles. We've already gotten US price/dates for the PS3 and DS Lite, and I'll be anxious for detailed info on the Wii and stuff like the video camera and HD DVD add-on for the XBox 360. I'm always very interested in games that involve peripherals like cameras, light guns, dance pads and so on. They've announced a Dance Dance for 360 (doesn't look that great), and I'm hoping House of the Dead 4 makes it over too. We've already got Red Steel as a sort of light gun game on the Wii, and I've also already talked about how I'll buy the thing for Mario Party 8 alone. There's not too much coming up I'm looking forward to on the DS or PSP, so hopefully something cool gets announced there.

I'd like to see more on Dead Rising, Gears of War, C&C3, Resident Evil 5 and the two Star Treks. More space sim and sci fi announcements and things like EA's Battlefield 2142 will be interesting to see. I expect a Halo 3 announcement, and I'd like to hear about Samurai Warriors 2, the Ghost Recon 3 expansion and downloadable content. There's already been some GameTap announcements, so hopefully we'll get a date or something for Privateer on the service. For longshots, I'd kill for a Steel Battalion 360.

Dundradal said:
Assuming it to be Halo 3 might not be correct. Both Marathon Infinity and Myth 3 were produced by companies other than Bungie. There is a precedent in having an outside firm develop the third installment in their franchises (usually compromised of old Bungie staffers).

All of these precedents no longer apply. Bungie is in a completely different place than it was when all that other stuff was done a decade ago. A precedent implies something much stronger than what you're trying to support. You're talking about a couple data points, and that barely even qualifies as a trend. Halo is the XBox's flagship franchise, and Bungie is their premiere developer. There's no way that the next Halo isn't in the works, and there's no way that the next Halo is being developed without massive efforts on behalf of Bungie.

And no more derailment of the thread with that.

if anything about supreme commander is mentioned I'm definately interested in seeing how it pans out

nonono, the game that everyone is waiting for is

spore

its the new game from sims developer will wright, who is the creative head of all those sims games u know. simearth, simcity, sim....
in this game u start as a one celled organism, which has to fight its way until it developes into a bigger more celled creature. u play more and more till your species gets out of the water, and on land u try to survive against other carnivores. then u find a female creature, and make babies.

those evolve more and more till u come to the age where u build a city, like in simcity. and then u can make diplomatic relations with other citys, or have war with them. tanks, air planes, boats, u boats, everything u see today.

after this stage, u can develope an ufo, which will send u to space. then u can explore the whole galaxy. then u can think about destroying every single planet, make other civilizations worship u because u set up monoliths (make religions haha), terraform barren planets, abduct some creatures and make some kind of zoo planet...

oh and u can customize everything. your species looks, city design, everything.

oh and its not just steam out of a chimney. there are already some videos about showing the zooming from planet view to the galaxy view in few steps (with only few seconds load time.

will wright will revolutionize the game industry with the way of making the game.

http://www.spore.com/

I'm waiting for Neverwinter Nights 2 !
I'm going to buy a new PC as soon as this is for sale (I did the same when GTA3 came out)
Bandit LOAF said:
... I'm especially eager to see how backwards compatibility will work on NextGen consoles: can I play WC3 and 4 PSX on the Playstation 3? Will the Wii's retro-library include licensed ports like Wing Commander and The Secret Missions SNES?
I was also wondering about this, now that I have WC3 PSX.
Bandit LOAF said:
I'm also very much looking forward to Bethesda's two Star Trek games, Tactical Assault for the DS and Legacy for the Y-Box, ...
I hope those games come out for PC too.
I would off course always want another WC/Priv game, or another Diablo or GTA ...

I'm looking forward to Armed Assault, the followup to Operation Flashpoint, the brilliant war game made by Bohemia Interactive Studios... Made in Czechland.

Back