What games at E3 are you most excited about?

Edfilho said:
Ok, whatever, so Obsidian cunningly tricked LA into letting them make a crappy game, because they hate Star Wars.

I'm going to read that as "Why don't those stupid idiots let me in their crappy club for jerks?"

For me, I'm wantin':

- Spore (already been watching this for a year now). It already had a large number of gameplay and technical elements at GDC '05, and it has had a year since then for refinement. I don't think it is really safe to judge this kind of game by anything short of a demo or full product though, but the potential for something cool is definately there.
- Supreme Commander (Been watching for about a year as well). I'd really like to see some video of the game in action - thinking of those screenshots in motion with the description of having entirely physics based combat gives me chills. And I've just been disappointed be every single RTS made after Starcraft. It would be nice if someone would finally make one that's actually improves on it in areas other than UI and graphics.
- And most anything made by Nintendo and its children (Zelda, Metroid, SSB, Mario)

Speaking of which, they're showing off another game that uses the Donkey Konga Bongos! It's an adventure game where Donkey Kong found bongos with jets in them. When you beat them, he flies.

QuailPilot said:
I'm not sure if its going to be at E3 this year, but I would like to see more of the new Alone in the Dark game.
I think the Alone In The Dark movie ruined that.:p But seriously if you want a scary shooter then it has to be AvP 3.:)

The trailer is impresive.
I still play the original trilogy.

Also read the IGN's BioShock preview. It seems like its going to be popular.

ChrisReid said:
Speaking of which, they're showing off another game that uses the Donkey Konga Bongos! It's an adventure game where Donkey Kong found bongos with jets in them. When you beat them, he flies.
That's really cool. I tried playing the japanese DKong3, but the song sellection wasn't really interesting. DKonga2 is pretty awesome, though.

I wish there was some way of playing Guitar Hero and Donkey Konga together, eheheh, nice dream.

On another topic: Bioshock seems like a worthy successor to System Shock 2. I hope it's as good as it seems.

Well, they merged Dance Dance and Karaoke Revolution. I think they might be able to at least develop some neat games with a combination of devices like the DK Bongos and the Wii remote.

We can only hope so. There was some drumming thing in the E3 video, but I don't know if they're actually making a music game other than the boring orchestra game thingy.

Back