What exactly happened to Blair under Neph care..

There's a lot of people around here.. we should all go watch Wing Commander if LOAF comes up in July.

Watch it were? It isn't in any movie theathers anymore AFAIK. Besides, I probably won't be here in July.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 03, 2000).]

By next do you mean this year or next year? I would want to go to a big WC party, but I'll have to miss it.
frown.gif
Maybe if they'll make a second WC movie all fans in Seattle could go.

------------------
A good soldier is not the one who die for his country, it's the one who makes his enemy die for his.
Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited February 03, 2000).]

Last edited by a moderator:
Earthworm: You've never heard of Lt. Col. Oliver North?
And as for luck... Well, some would say he got lucky on Kilrah. But others would call it skill...

You've never heard of Lt. Col. Oliver North?
No, never heard of him.

And as for luck... Well, some would say he got lucky on Kilrah. But others would call it skill...
Of course he got lucky over Kilrah, just as he did in Ktithrak Mang, and earlier in WC1. He showed he's skill though in WC2 when he let the Claw get blown away.
smile.gif

------------------
Gen. Patton

Lt. Col. North was one of the people in the Iran-Contras affair during Reagan's reign. He got in deep s**t because of this.
[the Iran-Contras affair, also known as the Iran-Gate, was essentially about secretly selling arms to Iran in order to raise funds for the Contras in Nicaragua. The main problem was, of course the slight detail of America's trade embargo on Iran
smile.gif
]
Anyway, although technically what North did was wrong, he managed to come off looking like a hero and a patriot. In a way, he was. For one thing, he saved Reagan's unworthy butt by covering for him (since Reagan was at the bottom of the affair). It should also be noted that the arms sales to Iran were vital in order to get American hostages freed from Lebanon (Iran did the talking with the terrorists). Perhaps the only despicable part of this was the Nicaraguan Contras, who weren't the nicest of people
smile.gif

Don't you just hate it when you say something stupid and you know you should know better?
smile.gif
Death's Head, if you had bothered to read the other posts, you would have noticed that Earthworm is Polish. Why the hell would he know about Olly?
Come to think of it, I'm Polish too... Why the hell do I know about Olly?
smile.gif

This year, June 2000.

As for the Tiger's Claw -- Blair *wasn't* assigned as CAP... he was just the person who had a missing flight recorder when everybody landed on the Austin.

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Did anyone see Oliver North on Jeopardy! a few years back?

Sorry, I'll shut up now.

Where does it say the Claw's survivors were picked up by the Austin? I'm not trying to dispute anything, I'm just curious.

------------------
If i'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

I think it's in the WC1&2 official guide. Though I don't have it (yet
smile.gif
) but IIRC one of the admins was talking about that before the board went down.

------------------
Gen. Patton

It seems like events like that are covered pretty well by media, so naturally I would assume he would have heard something. I thought I read he was near Seattle.

I don't really pay much attention to where a person is from.

As far as I'm concerned difference in nationality seems like a petty concept, maybe I'm a bit much new-age.
frown.gif

Yeah, but he wasn't there in the 80's
smile.gif
. And in Poland, we don't hear much about that sort of thing. Which is good. We've got enough stupid political scandals of our own, without borrowing yours
smile.gif

As for nationality being insignificant - the fact that you didn't notice Earthworm wasn't American shows how correct that is. However, there's no point in throwing nationality completely away for the sake of "new age". A lot of people fought for independence and freedom of this or that nation. The least you can do is remember them
smile.gif

Oh I agree history is important.

If we don't learn from history then we are doomed to repeat it.

I think it is more important to look toward the future rather than dwell on the past.

By that I mean if you look at the east and people fighting each other just becuase their ancestors have been fighting for centuries like the serbs and the like. Some people live to kill, butchering children, raping women, all just becuase someone is a little different or from another part of town or a few miles away or you don't like their last name, I mean aren't we all one race here?
frown.gif

Death's Head: Nobody lives to fight. But the situations you refer to are so screwed up there's no way to say who's in the right. It's all a sad excuse in futility.

------------------
Aide: "Still trying to decide on whether or not to buy the 28 F-16 jet fighters?"
Politician: "Yes."
Aide: "This should help you make your mind. Fuel prices have gone up again."
The Politician by David Fletcher.

Yeah there are indeed people you do nothing more than rape and pillage. Some people just have too much time on their hands...

I'd rather not get into the age old disputes some people thrive on but they do exist. It is a great tragedy that will live in such times.

Death's Head: Oh, it's no tragedy. Every human being ever has lived in such times. The tragedy is that there are all those people out there who don't bother to change it.

As for those who rape and pillage, it's not because they have too much time on their hands. It's because nobody ever showed them what else they could do.

TC: True.

You're correct in referencing the WCI/II Guide, but I believe that the Wing Commander II manual also mentions that the Austin was there to pick up the stranded fighters...

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Back