What do you think of the Border World HUD?

Pedro

Admiral
Obviously we felt a change was needed and are quite pleased with the way the new HUD has turned out (note the lack of any alignment problems), but it would be intresting to hear everyone elses opinions.

The new HUD is pretty cool, a nice crossover between WC3/4 and WCP. I kind of expected the HUDs to be blue, but then that might cause problems with some of the coloured space textures.
Good luck!

Well, a blue HUD wouldn't have caused problems, but it would have been a lot like the original Confed HUD... and the point was to have something looking different ;).

Ahhh, okay. I see your reasoning. In that case I reckon the HUD is pretty darn cool. Well done, I'm amazed at how far this mod has come and the possibility that such a large project is coming to an end :)

I never believed that Project would come that far.....

I ve been watching UE since the very early stages.....
Its a really great work...GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT WORK!!

Well,ok about the HUD now... Its very nice,WingCommanderish,BorderWorlderish (How can I say that ,we ve never actually see any BorderWorlds Cocpit:))

I dont care about the cocpit that much..The whole Project is great

emmmmmm The last post was from TCSTigersClaw...Im Unregisterreddddddddd

Hey, the HUD looks great, but I'm kind of wondering... where did the no-green policy go all of a sudden? ;)

--Eder

IMHO the Border World design looks a bit homebrewn and slightly less 'professional' then the original ones.

OTOH - hey. it is the BORDER WORLDS ;)

Y'know, before I even knew about the CIC, before I even had a regular Internet connection, I did a search for "Wing Commander" and found Unknown Enemy. And that was quite some time ago. :)

Anyway, from what I remember of the screenshot, the HUD looks great, especially the colour differentiation from Confed (although, in WC4, Confed HUDs was green and the BW's were blue :)). Can't really say much else until I see it in action.

Its supposed to look less proffesional than the confed HUD, thats what filler was aiming for, to highlight the difference in technologies between the advanced confed fighters and dated BW fighters.

Oh, it's an inside joke, related to the textures of some of the ship models that Eder made for us :).

Well, yeah... the Bengal got away with it :p.

Whoa, how awesome would a red-textured Bengal look... ;)

Well, like I said, it's a joke... in fact, there are three ships with green in their paintjob - the Bengal, the Epee, and the Scim. But the number of ships with red is higher :p.

Back