What do you read?

Frank Herbert: Dune, Dune Messiah,Children of Dune,God-Emperor of Dune,Heretics of Dune,Chapterhouse: Dune

KJA & B.Herbert : House Atreides,House Harkonnen,House Corrino

Arthur Clarke :Randevouz with Rama,Rama II,Garden of Rama,Rama Revealed,2001,2010,2061,3001

Bradbury :Martians Cronichles,Farenheit 451

Asimov : His collections of short stories, all about Foundation,Robots sagas, Scientific books (New, Old Testament,History of the numbers,MArvels of our World)

J.R.R Tolkien : The 3 LOTR Books,The Silmarillion.

H.P. Lovecraft :The Call of Cthulhu, Mythes of Cthulhu,The Necronomicon.

T. Zahn :Thrawn Trilogy

Nohah Gordon :The Doctor,Chaman, Dr. Cole, the Diamond of Jerusalem

ST Technical books, SW Essential Guides, WC (End Run, Handbook and WCM novel).

World Mythology, Astronomy,Military Story (Specially the 100th Years War),Dinosaurs

Originally posted by Ghost

H.P. Lovecraft :The Call of Cthulhu, Mythes of Cthulhu,The Necronomicon.

Good for you Ghost!

I tend to read a lot of fantasy fiction. I'm a big Forgotten Realms nut-have every novel.

I also tend to read Raymond E. Feist.

As for philosophy and such, I read such a wide assortment, I'd have to go look at all my books. :)

The authors I enjoy most (in no order): Aldous Huxley, Alexandre Dumas, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Joesph Heller, Alfred Bester, Chuck Palahniuk, Orson Card, John Steinbeck, Charles Bukowski, Johnathan Lethem...

I think my most fav book would be either The Count of Monte Cristo or Catch-22...

Clive Cussler: Dirk Pitt adventure series.

J.R.R. Tolkien: Silmarillion, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings

Raymond E. Feist: Riftwar and Serpentwar Series

Terry Brooks: Shannara series

Robert Jordan: Wheel of Time series

Timothy Zahn: Thrawn Trilogy and Thrawn Duology

I read a lot. Here are some of the authors/books I've been reading lately...

-William R. Forstchen: We all know how kick-ass his WC books are, and personally I've never had a more satisfying reading experience than with the Lost Regiment series. If you haven't read it, do so. Haven't read "We Look Like Men of War" yet, but I presume I will when it comes out in paperback.

-Harry Turtledove: Yes, the "Master of Alternate History" can get tedious some times, but his stories are still great. Currently, I'm reading the Worldwar-Colonization series (of which there is still one novel yet to come out) and the How Few Remain-Great War-American Empire series.

-The New Jedi Order Series: Hey, it's Star Wars!

-Philip K. Dick: Awesome stuff. What else can I say?

-Don DeLillo: Very funny stuff that makes you think, also.

-William S. Burroughs: Naked Lunch is one of the most bizzare books I've ever read.

-Thomas Pynchon: I'm still not sure if I understand "V", and "The Crying of Lot 49" was a bit confusing, too. Still, good stuff.

-Herman Wouk: One of my favorite authors. Period. The fact that War and Remembrance alone is over 1200 pages doesn't bother me. It's just a great read. Also, Wouk's written some of the funniest books I've read (Don't Stop the Carnival, and Inside/Outside).

Chuck Palahniuk: Another one of my favorites. Fight Club is probably the best book I've read in a long time. Chuck's other books, Survivor, Invisible Monsters, and Choke are great, too. Can't wait for his new one Lullaby, which hits stores next month.

Jeff Shaara: Historical fiction. Good stuff. Gods and Generals, his first novel, is being made into a movie starring Robert Duvall as Robert E. Lee. Call me a nerd, but I can't wait for it.

The Dune Series: Some of my favorite books.

The Lord of the Rings: Not a huge Tolkien fan, but this trilogy is pretty damn good.

I have a lot of other stuff, but currently all this is crowding my shelves.

Dont read much more than newspapers and a couple magazines anymore, but in the past:

Rush Limbaughs books.
Tom Clancys books.
Wayne LaPierres book, Guns, Crime, and Freedom.
Clive Cussler.
Some Stephen King.
Calvin and Hobbes.
Peanuts.

If your lips move when you read a stop sign, you might be a Redneck!

I'm not that big of a sci-fi reader. The only thing I make time to read anymore is Tom Clancy books (I'm just waiting to find the time to read Red Rabbit). I also like Crichton (I can't wait to see how faithful the Timeline movie will be!) and currently I'm getting back to some classics that I was made to read in high school but now seem like good reading. Right now I'm reading a Midsummer nights dream form my complete Shakespeare Works, and I've read some choice stuff from my Sherlock Holmes complete works. I've yet to start my iliad and odyssey combination (all leather bound - thank you B&N :) ) but I'm hopeful.

C-ya

Well,
Philosophy-Nieztche (THus spoke zarathustra especially, that book is great) as well as J.S. Mill's On Liberty
History-roman history, greek history, irish history...irish history is my current main interest
Epic's are great, Illiad especially and The Tain bo Culigne the irish epic, all sex and violence, lots of both.
Flannery O'Connor, she's really really good...love her.
Ayn Rand, especially the fountainhead...atlas shrugged is good as well...
Also i'm big into Science and math books...The elegant universe, is good, string theory stuff,
Dancing woo lee masters (modern physcis book)
All are great books

Skyfire: Out of sheer curiosity how many Forgotten Realms novels are there? About 2 years ago I made a belated attempt to collect all of the Dragonlance novels. But there are just too many of them so I gave up.

Anyways nowadays I'm limited to reading historical texts. Recently I read the Communist Manifesto, Machiavelli's The Prince and The Discourses and a book whose exact title escapes me but went along the lines of Russia's Relationship with the Near Abroad.

Originally posted by Penguin
Skyfire: Out of sheer curiosity how many Forgotten Realms novels are there? About 2 years ago I made a belated attempt to collect all of the Dragonlance novels. But there are

Last I counted, I was at...141? But I actually think there is about 145-150 now. (Like I said, I haven't counted in a while.)

Nice choice Zarathustra.
I dont read much, but at the moment im taking the time to read Nieztche's "Beyond good and evil".

Ive got a long way to go before I fully understand the man's genius though.

Back