What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Ew, the Steve Kent book. That's the worst book in the history of mankind.
What's wrong with it, LOAF?
Can it be worse than the Blaine Pardoe (unofficial) WC4 guide?

I've got the original guide...too bad it's torn and ripped, with most of the front pages gone...:(

On the plus side, the meat is intact! :D

The Steve Kent guide is *BAD*... the Blaine Pardoe guide is actually okay... but the Kent guide is *BAD* badbadbadbadbad.

(ChromArt, I got ChromArt!)

Originally posted by Lunatic
Sure, I'll ship anywhere, but you'll have to pay the shipping costs. Lemme update the listing.

Well, then I might be quite interested. I thought it was better to ask but as mpanty said, most guys do ship everywhere. ;)

BTW, I found my two unofficial WC4 guides rather bad too. The one had no pictures, the other had nice pictures and a complete list of all wingmen but faulty data.

I'm willing to buy the Kilrathi saga from you (I was unbanned, please forgive my transgression...). I live in Ohio so it'd be local. ;)

BTW, does the official guide contain the ship stats for the carriers? If so I would be interested in that too! (been mulling over the length of the Vesuvius and Intrepid for so long my eyes practically never shut anymore) hehe

Sorry Manic. The Official Guide only has a photo scrapbook of the storyline, fighter/wingmen stats, mission breakdown, and a behind the scenes look at WC4. My copy of Kilrathi Saga only has the CDs and the flight guide. If you still want it, it'll $110 (same as I paid for it), with $4 shipping USPS priority, money order or paypal. Hope this isn't against the CZ rules. :)

AFAIK, Vesuvius-class carriers are 1600m. It's funny when you see a WC4 model Vesuvius next to the SO model - there's quite a difference in size.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

BTW, I found my two unofficial WC4 guides rather bad too. The one had no pictures, the other had nice pictures and a complete list of all wingmen but faulty data.
Oh... there are two unofficial guides? So one's by Blaine Pardoe, what's the other one?

well one is a small guide....just some pages put together...only black and white as colors...having 17 pages. There are only the missions described....it was helpful though. But pics woould have been very useful. I needed much imagination to understand everything they meant.
The second is a 'book'. In color. With pictures.It is relative 'fat' compared with the other one...*g* I don't know whether it gives wrong information....so far I am not with reading. :)
But these are only the German guides. I don't know whether they exist in English that way.

Originally posted by mpanty

Oh... there are two unofficial guides? So one's by Blaine Pardoe, what's the other one?

The one is called "Wing Commander IV Unauthorized Secrets&Solutions" from "GAme Buster" by Bart Farkas. That's the crappy one.
The other one is from "Brady Games" by Blaine Pardoe and Dan Plunkett (like the cruiser).

Originally posted by Lunatic
Sorry Manic. The Official Guide only has a photo scrapbook of the storyline, fighter/wingmen stats, mission breakdown, and a behind the scenes look at WC4. My copy of Kilrathi Saga only has the CDs and the flight guide. If you still want it, it'll $110 (same as I paid for it), with $4 shipping USPS priority, money order or paypal. Hope this isn't against the CZ rules. :)
Well I wouldn't worry about that. Warez references are definately against the rules (as I found out the hard way)... but legal commerce should not be a problem. I'll have the money friday.

[Edited by Manic on 08-01-2001 at 21:07]

Back