What do these thingies do?

Concordia

Swabbie
Banned
This picture

45877681ReHvgS_ph.jpg

Is a Gilgamesh-Class destroyer.

What do these thingies (the things I have circled in red) do?

Any ideas?

-Concordia

"That's all Leftenant!"

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
That's a little red 'X'.

I don't understand Loaf,

What do those long blimp-shaped thingies do?

Do you have any ideas.

-Concordia
"That's all Leftenant" -Capt. Jason Sansky

well i looked at the picute by right clicking and getting the URL and I always thought they were AM cannons

Originally posted by Napoleon
well i looked at the picute by right clicking and getting the URL and I always thought they were AM cannons

There are only 2 AMG's on the Gilgamesh. There are four of those things on the front, and it appears to be 2 on the back.

-Concordia

Originally posted by Concordia

There are only 2 AMG's on the Gilgamesh. There are four of those things on the front, and it appears to be 2 on the back.

-Concordia

I doubt torpedoes either.

They said in WC Fleet-Action that the Gilgamesh-class destroyer had a dozen torpedo tubes.

That's only 4, and leaves 8 left.

-Concordia
"That's all Leftenant!!!"

Just "Destroyers", they could be any class though. It could be one of many things non-weapons related. One of the more prevelent tasks of a destroyer is patrol and gaurd duity. Could very well be pods for an extensive sensor suite.

i think it is obvious what they are....

they are landing and docking LEDs.
they blink with red light.

I think you are all wrong.

They are blimp shaped, because they ARE blimps! Something has to keep it from falling.... :p

j/k

I have no idea what they do. My guess would be a weapon of sorts.

Ever thought that the ship could have been modelled by someone who had no idea what its final weapons/accessories/etc stats might be? ;)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Ever thought that the ship could have been modelled by someone who had no idea what its final weapons/accessories/etc stats might be? ;)

Oh no......the my world is collapsing down around me!!!!

;)

"Those doors are the problem. We don't know what they are neither do the British..."

"Could you launch an ICBM horizontally?"

"Why would you want to..."

"Perhaps a towed sonar array...?"

"No... Too close to the screws... I'll be! This could be a Caterpillar..."

"A What?"

"A magneto hydroelectric drive. Caterpillar..."

I don't know guys, maybe like some sort of super weapon that wasn't discussed. Or did anyone think of those being the shield generators? I know on the Mon Cal ships in STAR WARS the bulges on the ships are shield generators. Perhaps this is the same idea here...

Back