What do I need?

i was able to download secret ops from ea's site(secret ops of course is no longer up)

but i cant register, i hope i wont need to register to play this mod?

Maybe stupid question still but...

Is this the Prophecy Secret Ops? The freebie from Origin about 8 or 9 years ago with the downloadable episodes every week for a couple months, because I need to get those files back anyway, lost them over time.
Thanks

Yes it is. But the problem is there is no legal way to download the episodes anymore. The main packages is available, but not the episodes. The main pack is enough for UE however.

cff said:
...The main packages is available, but not the episodes...
Alternately, the main package AND episodes are available, just not for free. Look for WC Prophecy/WCP Gold anywhere: Flea markets, 2nd hand computer stores, garage sales, and of course, the internet.

What about the Hi-res patch and this FMV patch, which I don't know what that is, are those required because the FAQ doesn't say? Also the FAQ says if players are having movie skipping or voice-overs mission set Sound Hardware acceleration to none. Well, I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 PCI and if I set the sound acceleration to none, in DXDiag, I have no sound whatsoever. Is there something that can be done about this?

Ultimatar said:
What about the Hi-res patch

Already included.

Ultimatar said:
and this FMV patch, which I don't know what that is, are those required because the FAQ doesn't say?

It is for WCP which has movies. Again not for UE or SO.

Ultimatar said:
Also the FAQ says if players are having movie skipping or voice-overs mission set Sound Hardware acceleration to none. Well, I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 PCI and if I set the sound acceleration to none, in DXDiag, I have no sound whatsoever. Is there something that can be done about this?

That seems strange. Try to switch the full duplex setting in the hardware properties then I'd say.

cff said:
Yes it is. But the problem is there is no legal way to download the episodes anymore. The main packages is available, but not the episodes. The main pack is enough for UE however.

mmm, I think the SO episodes are free because they are exe's that origin distributed in the past freely with a simple registration, you have not a buy possibilitiy... or yes?

TanGO

The episodes were free, but only for a limited time period. Afterwards, they were available in the Gold edition of WCP. In any case, Origin has (err, had) always insisted that the episodes should not be distributed for free after they were no longer available from secretops.com.

Back