What are?

Wolf

Spaceman
Have played few multiplayer games. Just need to know what people find so great about them.

1. Do they have a plot line?
2. Do they have scenes which show you the progression of the plot?
3. Is it uninterrupted gameplay? In other words are you ever cut off the internet and have to reconnect.
4. Does it have an ending?
5. Is it one mission following another?
6. How expensive is it, ie include cost of internet server and multiplayer game time?

From my expirience (which is limited) here are my answers.

1. Do they have a plot line?
Not sure but from what I've seen it aprears so.
2. Do they have scenes which show you the progression of the plot?
Haven't seen any yet, but your rank increases with kills and missions.
3. Is it uninterrupted gameplay? In other words are you ever cut off the internet and have to reconnect.
Sometimes, but all in all it's well worth it.
4. Does it have an ending?
Don't know, only have demos...
5. Is it one mission following another?
Same answer as 4.
6. How expensive is it, ie include cost of internet server and multiplayer game time?
I've only played Freespace 2 and it's free to play on-line. I ordered Freespace 1 which is also free to play on-line.

-------------
There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people.

the best part is your friend or foe is another HUMAN...and they are smart...flexible..(esp in strategy wise...)

but of course..you need a good connection to really enjoy it..and good connections are expensive here.

------------------
You the man...YOU THE MAN!!

[This message has been edited by PayBack (edited January 17, 2000).]

You have to pay for a game itself of cours, which should cost as much as any new game. You'll probably get a month or two for free and than it probably be about $10 each month.

Deadman- FS games, aren't realy multiplayer, they have multiplayer suport but the top number of people who can play is 8. In POL it would be a persistant universe and you would have to pay since Origin needs to hire people to whach for bugs and hackers.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I'd much rather it was Single with Multi compatibility. 56k connections aren't fun for online.

------------------
"We're going to the same freakin' jail cell anyway."

Earthworm: It's my understanding that if you have more than one person playing the same game that the game is considered multiplayer. Yes the next WC game is suposed to be able to handle dozens or even hundreds of players. Possible, eh no. At least not at the moment. In short Freespace is a multiplayer game, and it does exist unlike POL.

--------------
Keep listening to those vioces.

Deadman: I'm sorry to tell ya, but almost noone plays FS1 online our days (FS2...). However, if you like, then I'm willing to play. Just Email me or something
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

Last edited by a moderator:
Deadman- More like thousands, and of course it is possible. It isn't much harder to do than UO. No, FS isn't a multiplayer game. It is an SP game with multiplayer suport. Multiplayer game is a game that is only played online.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Generally, in my net.wanderings, games like UO, EverCrack (*g*), and Asheron's Call (to name 3 of the better-known ones) are referred to as being MMP, or Massively MultiPlayer, games.

Having multiplayer support but not being multiplayer is, if you'll pardon the Trek-ism, illogical. FS/FS2 are multiplayer games, as is XvT. Armada, too, at that (ObWC).

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

I always thought a game called "multiplayer game" means the game is only MP. Oh well, I was wrong.
smile.gif

------------------

Back