Well...

I just wonder, does anyone know hot to extract the music files from any of the WC games? Especially WCP, it's so hard to tweak their .TRE files.

-RVN

Hey! I remember you! We used to talk on ICQ a lot... I haven't reinstalled ICQ since my hard drive crash a while back... how's everything going?

How did you even manage it in the other games anyway? What format are they in? I think it's difficult cos of the 'interactivity' of WC music, right?

Lemme see... this is how I remember it:

The first five WC music (plus WC3) was in MIDI format, and they had this trick to make each track for certain condition and situation (like flying, dogfighting, ejecting, killing an enemy), and they had this way to put the music not simply in the middle, but in the end of a certain segment of a song, to produce a certain continuity...

You can neglect WC Armada a bit, because the music is verrry limited.

Anybody understanding what I'm saying?

Now, in WC4, the music was made in digital audio streaming... and I don't know how they tweaked in that game, as well in KS or WCP.

Anyway, I saw this program this other day which can actually select music tracks for default from WCP during the game without using the 'dynomite' cheat, but it doesn't extract any audio...

-RVN

I know what your saying Fraix, but I felt the KS version of wc2 was a big letdown of the original versions music. Am I alone on this feeling?

How so? They're the same tunes, but with better quality sound. Jazz sounds much better playing a real piano instead of a synthesiser now. Pity he was a traitor, I really liked the 'sad' tunes he played later in the Enigma campaign.

Hey... the music in WC1 and WC2 are virtually identical, although more were used in WC2's cutscene.

I must agree though, that Jazz's tunes were really good... really sad and touching.

But any real person should know that it was George Sanger (I think) who made the song.

-RVN

Check the link in Mad Hatter's profile...
wink2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Hatter, I'm sure you're busy coding more songs, but if you've made any progress, be sure to tell us about it here!

Hey everybody!!
Well, I`ve been busy all right, but I haven`t done much encoding of WC music.
frown.gif

I just started university and I`ve hardly had time to even go through my email every other day. That`s why I haven`t been stopping quite as often as I used to, however I`ll probably still drop by at least on weekends.
Anyway, Ice Viper, if you check my profile, you`ll find a link to my driveway webspace account where I have quite a few WC themes, including all the Jazz tunes from WC2. I just found a jazzy tune from WC3 about a week ago, but I don`t have any room left on the account, unless I start removing other files. Again, if anyone has a specific request from WC1/2/4 (I`m trying to find a way to extract music from Prophecy, but I haven`t been able to yet), drop me an email ( ari_stone@hotmail.com for those too lazy to click my profile), and I`ll see what I can do. I have quite a few more themes from WC4 that I can`t post yet either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the uni club... welcome to Hell! Mwahahahaha! Ahhahahhahhahaahhhaa!

<Runs off into the distance laughing in a highly disturbing manner>

As you can see, I have a very slow response time what with all the school work I have. Sometimes I ask myself: Why did we ever climb down from the trees? Life was so much easier without algebra, group theory and calculus gnawing at your brain cells as they slowly melt away at a geometric rate. :)
Anyhoo, I just received an email from TC giving me 100MB of webspace to store my music (Again, thanks TC! ), which means I`ll be able to start uploading music again.
That should take only a couple weeks or so. ;)

The odd and somehow ironic thing is, life is made just as easy if you know algebra, group theory and calculus. I suppose school is like life... a seemingly endless journey that ends when you least expect it or want it to.

Back