Well, now what!.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
How did you manage to finish the orignal Atlantis mission?
Atlantic, Atlantis is a legendary underwater city. :)

I gave up the first time I played it, but when I played it again several years later... I guess I kinda fluked it. Using two or three energy shields each (cycling as each one recharges), I placed myself between firing groups and they end up killing each other. The only problem was when the enemy self-destructs - I lost two that way, but kept on playing for the fun of it. Eventually, when the enemy had be reduced enough, I ran around buildings and shot them as they came round the corners. The crazy maniac at the end... well, I was just lucky, I guess.

Originally posted by Penguin
Virgil never quit complaining. I made him so much money, never had to replace an F-16 and even limited my arms acquisitions to LAU-10 rocket pods, the cheapest weapons available, just to make him happy...
Heh, I only bought ordnance when I had to, because my wingmates were eating them up. :)

Originally posted by Penguin
As for that bit about researching airstrikes, well in Command & Conquer...
Wait, I was talking about Syndicate. ;)

Woho, I know what Atlantis is (was/ is supposed to be/ have been), please! ;) It's just that in the German translation they call it "Atlantis".

You're approach wasn't that different to mine I see. :)

Yeah, until I worked it out. I used the cheapest bombs - the MK82s - never managed to work out the CCRP targeting mode. Once the aircraft and most of the ground targets had been destroyed, I'd approach the runway as if I was landing, several times releasing pairs of bombs as close to the centre of the runway as possible. IIRC, runways require four pairs of bombs at least. In any case, you're usually told "Mission Accomplished" or whatever, once the runway has been destroyed.

IIRC to use CCRP you have to aim at the target in such a way that the indicators line up. OK that sounds somewhat ambiguous but its been a while. Anyways if it helps I remember I always dived down onto the runway from a high distance Olympic style to get the indicators right.

PS: Don't you think its a bit overboard how you can sink a carrier with 1 2000lb bomb? :)

Back