Welcome Spirit...

Highball

Spaceman
I just got a blue point Siamese cat for the new digs I just moved to, and I was trying to think of what to name her. I wanted to go with "Hobbes," mainly because of her tiger striped feet and tail, but since it was a girl, I had to think differently. I ended up going with "Spirit," to honor a good wingman with a tragic story.

Spirit1.jpg

Spirit2.jpg

"That's one deep-fried pussycat"

Please fry the kitties in the cockpit not on your carpet, they can leave such a stain. :p

Ha-ha! I keep a squirt bottle handy so I can train her. She is very rambunctious with my other, much older cat (who HATED the presence of another cat for the longest time). For whatever reason, she only wants to be held when she feels like it, and will cry like you're torturing her if you hold her for longer than she feels like she wants to be held. It's funny. I will get her fixed and de-clawed here in the next couple of months, and that ought to calm her down. She still has a few bad habits, but I am getting there. She is almost too big to sleep in the little alcove on this desk now.

I will get her fixed and de-clawed here in the next couple of months, and that ought to calm her down.

Unless scratching things is a really big persistent issue with your cat, I would avoid declawing. You can trim her nails with special clippers and train her to scratch a post or something, but declawing should be a last resort. Having her fixed is essential unless you want stray tomcats roaming around outside your house and spraying on everything.

Ya, both of my cats still have their claws. Sure once in a while they will go for a piece of furniture, but are quickly dissuaded from doing so. Plus they like their scratching box better (it has cat nip.)

The plus side of them having claws, is the fact our (and a few of the neighbor's) rodent problem seems to have gone away.

Unless scratching things is a really big persistent issue with your cat, I would avoid declawing. You can trim her nails with special clippers and train her to scratch a post or something, but declawing should be a last resort. Having her fixed is essential unless you want stray tomcats roaming around outside your house and spraying on everything.

I agree with AD on this one. I did a lot of volunteering work at the MSPCA and believe me, declawed cats usually become withdrawn and such... it's considered inhumane by there standards. Personally, the cats we had, we used Pedi paws on. You have to get them used to it. Put it on the floor off, let them sniff it, and investigate, then turn it on and do the same thing, when THEY are comfortable, then you can use it on them and it's unlikely they will bite or bleed.

Back