Weird way to get killed in WC3

Wolf Dog

Spaceman
Was just playing WC3 tonight. Had just brought Flint back from her little rampage in Locanda. I had requested landing clearance while slowing to a stop. My shields and hull were in perfect shape and then BOOM!!! The only explanation I can think of for my demise is that Flint's Longbow barreled into the back of my Thunderbolt. Anyone else seen this? I mean, I always knew Flint wasn't that great of a pilot, but this seems a little extreme.

That kind of reminds me of the first time I played WC3. As soon as I cleared the Vic's launch tube I slammed right into Hobbes' rear end, killing him. Ah, yes... my newbie days.
wink2.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
You can if you're on the loosing path in Proxima. And technicly you can kill him anytime, even in the first mission, but you won't be able to continue the game.
smile.gif

Earthworm, exactly.
smile.gif

------------------

Earthworm: Are you saying that if Hobbes gets shot down and killed in the first mission the game will say "Sorry the storyline needs Hobbes for a wee while, so please play again and keep him alive"?

Hobbes can't get shot down by the enemy, he'll always eject untill he kills Cobra. But *you* can kill him.... It's just that you'll get draged away by some marines once you land.
smile.gif

Yeah, that's a great cut scene if you haven't seen it, Penguin.

------------------

The Story of How I Was First Arrested For Treason in Wing Commander III The Heart of the Tiger.
Back in the days of DOS, boot disks and 8MB RAM machines every now and again when I was flying a mission the sound would go off. That caused one hell of a problem. No not gameplay dissatisfaction, but rather communications. When I returned to the Victory I couldn't land because Blair wouldn't say anything when I asked for landing clearance. So I was stuck outside the Victory with no way of ending the mission. So I resorted to regular ejecting. Finally tired of being harassed by Eisen for something that wasn't my fault I decided what the hell and vented my wrath on my helples wingman. He died. The sound worked again. I could get clearance. Hallalooyaa! I could continue the game without being chewed out. The next time I tried that particular stunt it worked again. But when I landed this second time Eisen had his bully boys were waiting...

Penguin, if there is ever a WC multiplayer game and that game has some sound gliches, remind me not to fly on your wing.
wink2.gif

[This message has been edited by Wolf Dog (edited September 24, 2000).]

Back