Weird SM2 Problem

Lorien

Rear Admiral
After finally finding a copy of Kilrathi Saga, I've embarked on a quest to play through all the Wing Commander games again. So far, all's been good with one sticky problem. In SM2, when you save Ralgha's Fralthi, I can blow through the fighters just fine, but I can't seem to get the Fralthi to link navigation with me for the autopilot, leaving me sitting at Nav 1 with "Wait for Fralthi" preventing me from continuing. Is there anything special I need to do here? I've flown as close as possible to his ship, but that doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, Lorien, I just got my copy of Kilrathi Saga too, and am doing the same thing! All the Wing Commander games, one after another! ;-)

I still didn't start playing SM2 (I'm close to finish SM1), so I can't help you on this now, but I'll keep in touch.

I think I had this problem in the original DOS version. IIRC, you have to manually set the nav computer to mark the Tiger's Claw as the next nav point.

Here's one. I am cool with all the WC1 parts of it. Never get that problem with the fralthi, but it is always a hard fought thing.

WC2 is a waste of space. Having never had a joystick really I resorted to learning to use the keyboard, not that it works in KS WC2 it is appalling and I am told there is no fix for this.

WC3, KS version is annoying too. It wont work under XP regardless what compatibility I set so I downloaded a 2000 patch and set the compatibility to that. Worked for a while then hung at the briefing, totally hung no escaping to windows or owt. Is there any way to fix this???

I almost feel gipped at spending £120 on ebay for something that I have to go and dig out my old 133 to even think of playing.

WC2 - Never had trouble playing with the keyboard, though I used a joystick for the KS version. Control's the same though, so it shouldn't be too difficult to handle with the keyboard. Also, how could you say WC2 is a waste of space? WC2 was wonderful.

WC3 - Win95 mode...'nuff said.

I think there are some issues with multiple, simultaneous key-presses in Kilrathi Saga. That's disappointing for me, since I'm a keyboard player...

Wedge009 said:
I think I had this problem in the original DOS version. IIRC, you have to manually set the nav computer to mark the Tiger's Claw as the next nav point.

Thanks, that seems to have done the trick.

Back